PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle shampoo

Pages : [1] 2

Dr Oldz
10-20-2010, 09:12 PM
I used 2oz in about 3 and a half gallons of water today! Didn't seem as slick as I expected comparing it to Meguiars ultimate wash and wax. Worked fine and smells good tho. I was just expecting a bit slicker feel tho! What ratio do you use?

rwright
10-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I use 1oz./gallon of any soap unless otherwise directed. Do you have ONR by chance? Last weekend I washed the new Regal with Pinnacle soap, 3oz./3.5 gallons of water and 2 caps of ONR, the slickest soap I've tested. Now I can't wait to see how DG CWC and ONR play together!

trhland
10-21-2010, 06:13 AM
i go 1 ounce per gallon too .works well ...

CLipster
10-21-2010, 09:24 AM
I use 1oz./gallon of any soap unless otherwise directed. Do you have ONR by chance? Last weekend I washed the new Regal with Pinnacle soap, 3oz./3.5 gallons of water and 2 caps of ONR, the slickest soap I've tested. Now I can't wait to see how DG CWC and ONR play together!

off topic, how is the new Regal?

rwright
10-21-2010, 12:14 PM
off topic, how is the new Regal?

I love it! I actually feel like the car should have cost more than $32,000 (RL6 model). It's very luxurious looking and has the feeling to go with it. The only downside for me is the missing V6 from the Malibu. But they are going to offer a turbocharged model in the upcoming GS model, mated to a 6 speed transmission and AWD drive train. Since the wife refuses to learn to drive a standard, I didn't bother waiting. After SEMA I plan to give it a light polish and seal it up for the winter. Oh, the metallic in the Carbon Black paint is simply stunning with Wolfgang Fuzion!

CLipster
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I have a Malibu w/V6 and just love it. I truly like the looks of the new Regal though.

The hard part with the Silver Metallic is making it "pop" or stick out a little more. oh well.

Dubbin1
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
I have a Malibu w/V6 and just love it. I truly like the looks of the new Regal though.

The hard part with the Silver Metallic is making it "pop" or stick out a little more. oh well.

If you want to see the metallic then you should have got the blue Malibu like mine :D

On topic, I love the Pinnacle shampoo and feel it has plenty of lubricity (lubricity is such a funny word).

Dr Oldz
10-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I'll have to try to use 1oz per gallon and see how I like it. Thanks guys

WRAPT C5Z06
10-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I'll have to try to use 1oz per gallon and see how I like it. Thanks guys
What are the instructions on the back of the bottle?

Dubbin1
10-21-2010, 02:17 PM
What are the instructions on the back of the bottle?

Pour 1/2oz shampoo into a clean bucket. spray in water under pressure to activate foam.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Pour 1/2oz shampoo into a clean bucket. spray in water under pressure to activate foam.
Are you serious? No dilution ratio? That's strange, and the price to quantity of this stuff is ridiculous.

I'll pass.

trhland
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
i have the gallon jug and it lasts me along time 1 ounce per gallon i use 3 pumps per bucket filled half way and i re blast with water when needed.. works great in a foam gun to lots of lubrisity...

Dr Oldz
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Are you serious? No dilution ratio? That's strange, and the price to quantity of this stuff is ridiculous.

I'll pass.

I agree!! If I use 3 oz. That's approx $5 a wash. I like megs ultimate wash and wax at $8 a bottle at walmart. Got the Pinnacle in a kit on sale but I don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon. I don't see what all the rave is about.

Dubbin1
10-21-2010, 03:14 PM

I'll pass.

Dead serious... Its all a guessing game :)

WRAPT C5Z06
10-21-2010, 03:15 PM
I agree!! If I use 3 oz. That's approx $5 a wash. I like megs ultimate wash and wax at $8 a bottle at walmart. Got the Pinnacle in a kit on sale but I don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon. I don't see what all the rave is about.
I've used it and found it to be no better than other shampoos I've used for 75% less the cost. I'm not saying it's a terrible product, but the price is horrendous. I'm willing to bet AG makes a killing on this product(that's the only reason they can offer it on BOGO, IMO).