PDA

View Full Version : Regular LC Flat Pads vs. HT pads

dbbrooks
10-20-2010, 05:08 PM
I would really like to hear what everyone thinks about these two different styles of pads. I am new to foam pads but have been in the car business for more years than I want to confess here (trying to stay young at heart). I like both the regular pads and the Hydro Tech. The later seem to avoid load up if you accidently use too much product. Bye the way...is there such a thing as Forum 101? I'm pretty good with computers but never got involved before with forums. This forum is awesome. Great people and tons of info!:awesome:

2K4CE
10-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Seems to me that I use less product with the HT. They also seem to work more effectively with 105/205, but I haven't done any real back to back tests.

CEE DOG
10-20-2010, 05:46 PM
db, here's some reading for you on the HT pads.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/20999-review-new-hydro-tech-6-5-pads-2.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/20751-1957-chevrolet-belair-extreme-makeover-flex-3401-wolfgang-smackdown.html

ScottB
10-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Hydro-tech pads are all the rage now ... but I still love flat pads too.

Wendell Jarvis
10-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Hydro-tech pads are all the rage now ... but I still love flat pads too.

I am a flat lover too.......Hey, that sounded kinda odd....anyway, tried the Hydro and had a couple of them to tear up on me, you need to let them cool down before removing them.

S2K
10-20-2010, 07:04 PM
I would really like to hear what everyone thinks about these two different styles of pads. I am new to foam pads but have been in the car business for more years than I want to confess here (trying to stay young at heart). I like both the regular pads and the Hydro Tech. The later seem to avoid load up if you accidently use too much product. Bye the way...is there such a thing as Forum 101? I'm pretty good with computers but never got involved before with forums. This forum is awesome. Great people and tons of info!:awesome:

Mike has written some really good articles about posting on forums:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/23722-articles-mike-phillips.html

Scroll down a ways and you will find them and on your way you will find a ton of other great info:xyxthumbs:

Harleyguy
10-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Well today i started doing a car and started off with the LC flat pad orange and two panels into the car the velcro came off the back . It was the first time using it. Before it fell apart it doesn't correct as fast as the hydro pad .
So i switched back to the Hydro pad and like before the cyan pad starts to fall apart faster then i feel it should . I use compressed air to clean my pads and a light brushing just noting that.
As far as correction they perform very well just wished they lasted longer.
The Tangerine one also works very well and last a lot longer the the cyan one also.

Rob T
10-20-2010, 11:34 PM
I really love how the HT cyan pad works with M105. It really helps with a longer working time.