PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Detail Doc
11-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Hey Y'all

I'm a new member trying to learn about detailing. I would like to keep it simple. I've learned a lot by reading this forum. Your great. I am getting a 2007 Monterey Red Corvette and want to start off on the right foot. I need to get my supplies. I am thinking about ordering
XMT Porter Cable Light Swirl Remover Kit
XMT Porter Cable Light Swirl Remover Kit includes:
Porter Cable 7424
5 inch Dual Action Flex Backing Plate
12 oz. XMT FineSwirl Remover #2
12 oz. XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1
12 oz. Carnauba Finishing Glaze
6.5 inch Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Pad
6.5 inch Lake Country White Polishing Pad
2- 6.5 inch Lake Country Gray Finishing Pads
2- 16 x 16 inch Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths
2 Cobra 70/30 Microfiber Bonnets
Polish ‘N Wax Applicator

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
The Ultimate Guzzler

What else do you recommend?

Thanks
A

Tex Star Detail
11-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Welcome to AG! You will find a ton of info here. Ask away with any questions, the members here are very helpful........

Take care

Totoland Mach
11-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Hey Y'all

I'm a new member trying to learn about detailing. I would like to keep it simple. I've learned a lot by reading this forum. Your great. I am getting a 2007 Monterey Red Corvette and want to start off on the right foot. I need to get my supplies. I am thinking about ordering
XMT Porter Cable Light Swirl Remover Kit
XMT Porter Cable Light Swirl Remover Kit includes:
Porter Cable 7424
5 inch Dual Action Flex Backing Plate
12 oz. XMT FineSwirl Remover #2
12 oz. XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1
12 oz. Carnauba Finishing Glaze
6.5 inch Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Pad
6.5 inch Lake Country White Polishing Pad
2- 6.5 inch Lake Country Gray Finishing Pads
2- 16 x 16 inch Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths
2 Cobra 70/30 Microfiber Bonnets
Polish ‘N Wax Applicator

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
The Ultimate Guzzler

What else do you recommend?

Thanks
A

That looks like a great package of tools and products. I don't think you'll need anything else. The key will be learning to use the contents correctly.

Holler when you get it and have questions. The AG folks will always jump in with answers.

Totoland Mach (where it was 65 yesterday in KS and freezing rain this morning....typical)

wytstang
11-29-2006, 10:44 AM
The best thing you could do is demand the dealer ship NOT to "detail" it before they give it too you. From what I've read corvettes and known for having a very hard clear coat. What that mean you say........It's going to be a major pain to remove swirls with a pc, a rotory works better in skilled hands not for a novice. To save you some grief demand the car not to touched and to have all the factory plastic wrapping and you remove it later and wash it properly. Good luck