PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried the foam blaster?

Pages : [1] 2

ROMEO
10-19-2010, 12:34 AM
I saw this today at the home depot, and seems like it could be good, they do say that it can be used to wash cars.

I don't have access to a pressure washer since I live in an apartment building, or I would have gotten one...

I'm sure is not half the gun the Foamaster foam gun is, but it might be useful, or used for different product...

http://item.slide.com/r/1/18/i/2PiP320t1j88rfOQEzpjkLgv1p34nwsA/

daveinsweethome
10-19-2010, 12:44 AM
yes it worked pretty well. i was a complete dumb ass in figuring out how to attach to pressure washer wand. it is at the end and a little unwieldly but it works and the price was sure right.

ROMEO
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
yes it worked pretty well. i was a complete dumb ass in figuring out how to attach to pressure washer wand. it is at the end and a little unwieldly but it works and the price was sure right.

Good to know... :props:

BobbyG
10-19-2010, 10:52 AM
For less than $20 I'm certainly in! :props:

AndrewBall
10-19-2010, 11:33 AM
all you guys looking for these foamers. my pressure washer has a syphon tube to sucking soap into the unit and it sprays directly out of the factory wand.

I guess not many units have this feature? :dunno:

ROMEO
10-19-2010, 11:44 AM
all you guys looking for these foamers. my pressure washer has a syphon tube to sucking soap into the unit and it sprays directly out of the factory wand.

I guess not many units have this feature? :dunno:

Most pressure washers have that option, but not all... But the main advantage I see on using an attachment is if you use cleaners to clean the outside of your house, or bleach for your deck, you will end up putting that on your paint.

Now, how have you tried it before? how good of a foam do you get?

AndrewBall
10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Most pressure washers have that option, but not all... But the main advantage I see on using an attachment is if you use cleaners to clean the outside of your house, or bleach for your deck, you will end up putting that on your paint.

Now, how have you tried it before? how good of a foam do you get?

i dont use any other cleaners in that system. only car wash if i use it. and it does a great job. im sure teh foamers are better but it works great.

I have a Karcher pressure washer. dont know the model name i would have to look.

Showroom Shine
10-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Saw it bought it! This is a nice gun.imo. you can use whatever carwash shampoo in it you want. It also has the quick disconnect,which made it a no brainer for me. As Andrew Ball stated," the foamers are better". But this works fine for me. Then too since I am mobile,I do not really want all the foam on the vehicle. It looks good but you have to rinse it off,and it goes down the drain. Rest assured that the EPA spects are headed eastward!

Metajames
10-21-2010, 02:16 AM
I own one of these. Build quality is meh and I am missing the o-ring already. I just sits loosely between the body and reservoir so when you unscrew it just falls out.

Connected to 1300 psi electric pressure washer and loaded with Optimum Car Wash @ 1:1 in reservoir. Wanted to show how well it clings, this car is regularly maintained so the surface is pretty slick.

By the end of the video the foam on the drivers door had been on there for approx. 2 minutes. I think that the foam from this gun does not cling as well as the the foam cannons but it is close the foam density also looks thinner than the cannons. However, I can't find any videos where it shows how the foam from a cannon clings for any length of time over 30 seconds without reapplication.

Update: I now own a AG style foam cannon and it is thicker but the cling is not much different than this video at least from my super budget pressure washer. Not sure if it would be thicker with a more powerful pressure washer or not. I have read that with the foam cannons the flow rate makes a difference.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfQ9ID14B9A&sns=em]YouTube - G Foam Pressure Washer Foam Blaster[/video]

ROMEO
10-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I own one of these. Build quality is meh and I am missing the o-ring already. I just sits loosely between the body and reservoir so when you unscrew it just falls out.

Connected to 1300 psi electric pressure washer and loaded with Optimum Car Wash @ 1:1 in reservoir. Wanted to show how well it clings, this car is regularly maintained so the surface is pretty slick.

By the end of the video the foam on the drivers door had been on there for approx. 2 minutes. I think that the foam from this gun does not cling as well as the the foam cannons but it is close the foam density also looks thinner than the cannons. However, I can't find any videos where it shows how the foam from a cannon clings for any length of time over 30 seconds without reapplication.

Update: I now own a AG style foam cannon and it is thicker but the cling is not much different than this video at least from my super budget pressure washer. Not sure if it would be thicker with a more powerful pressure washer or not. I have read that with the foam cannons the flow rate makes a difference.

THank you so much for the video!!!

:dblthumb2:

Southern Stang
10-23-2010, 06:21 PM
For the money IMO you can't beat it. Just bought one today and had to try it out. Ok quality, but for $20 i'm not expecting the taj mahal. The chemical injector that was mentioned above is mainly used for diluting the chemical you are using. It isn't much of a foamer type. I use one alot with my uncle when we are cleaning houses/commercial buildings or roofs when full strength chemical is not needed. And reduces/eliminates streaking on siding and what not. Just a little info.

ROMEO
10-23-2010, 07:42 PM
For the money IMO you can't beat it. Just bought one today and had to try it out. Ok quality, but for $20 i'm not expecting the taj mahal. The chemical injector that was mentioned above is mainly used for diluting the chemical you are using. It isn't much of a foamer type. I use one alot with my uncle when we are cleaning houses/commercial buildings or roofs when full strength chemical is not needed. And reduces/eliminates streaking on siding and what not. Just a little info.

It seems like it would be a good thing to have, and like you said, for the price, can't go wrong.

I never had too much luck using the pressure washer to spay the chemicals, normally I end up going 100% bleach on a hot day, then I just have to make sure I rinse the bleach well...

smokinfastlegend
12-02-2010, 12:48 PM
I have not had good luck with this unit at all. I dont know if someone at my homedepot just Fubared all of them or what. I bought one, and it didnt foam at all, no matter what I did. It just wouldnt, i used a thinned out dawn solution in it. So i brought it back thinking it was a dud, got another one. It worked when i got home with a Megs Hyperwash solution, for about 10 minutes, than water started coming out everywhere but the spray head. Returned it and got my money back, hoping to get the AG or cam sprayer next. This was on a homedepot clean force 1800 psi.

slickooz
12-31-2010, 04:38 PM
I just bought one today and wanted to know what else I need so I can start using it. My pressure washer is kracher. I need something to attach it to the washer gun. Any help is apperciated.

_M_
12-31-2010, 04:45 PM
I got one and its okay as others have said, but honestly its more of a PITA to get out the pressure washer, hook it all up, and then put all the crap away.

If it had some real benefit (the reason why I dont purchase a $100 foamer) other than the grin factor I would use it regularly, but its a once in a blue moon type of thing for me.