PDA

View Full Version : Concrete + Paint / Bumpers / Car

Christopher
10-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Right... So I come home from school for the weekend to find out that my mom had gone and 'played' in a construction site in her jeep wrangler. This isn't too unusual, I normally just give it the tlc it needs to get the caked on dirt/mud off. However this time, it looks like when she was doing donuts, one of the wheels went though a puddle of still-wet concrete. Now there is light, dried (cured) concrete splatter on the lower half of the car. It is in the wheel wells, plasic bumper moldings, the metal (black powder coated) part of the bumper, tires, wheels, windows, wheel well overhangs, and door panels.

I just don't even know where to start.... Help?

f150smith
10-18-2010, 07:50 PM
On the none painted surfaces, try pressure washing them, at home or if you don't have one, take it to a coin op car wash. On the painted surfaces soak a sponge or large towel with White Vinegar and hold it in place, The acid in the vinegar will counter act the alkaline in the concrete. The vinegar soaked towel will soften the concrete and help break the bond. Don't use your good MF towels or you risk not getting the concrete particles out. The vinegar will take off any LSP, and so you will need to reseal or wax.

Christopher
10-18-2010, 08:04 PM
On the none painted surfaces, try pressure washing them, at home or if you don't have one, take it to a coin op car wash. On the painted surfaces soak a sponge or large towel with White Vinegar and hold it in place, The acid in the vinegar will counter act the alkaline in the concrete. The vinegar soaked towel will soften the concrete and help break the bond. Don't use your good MF towels or you risk not getting the concrete particles out. The vinegar will take off any LSP, and so you will need to reseal or wax.
It worked except for the porous plastic bumper caps, and the powder coated bumper. I tried vinegaring the bumper AND pressure washing it. That helped, but it is still there. What would you reccomend? Something like forever black to mask it?

Flash Gordon
10-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Just paint over it

Sounds like Mom is a firecracker :props:

Setec Astronomy
10-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I agree with Flash, seems like Mom needs to be grounded for this one. Ask her how old she is and if she is ever going to grow up!