PDA

View Full Version : Dg 901

Jeff120
10-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Ive read that it will not strip "durable waxes", I assume you dont want to use this soap with a 'nuba' wax?

rwright
10-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Ive read that it will not strip "durable waxes", I assume you dont want to use this soap with a 'nuba' wax?

Why? I called Jerry @ Duragloss and one of my questions was about the possibility of it stripping wax. He said they formulated it to never strip wax and said that I was safe even using 4oz. to 3 gallons of water. Hope this helps. :xyxthumbs: If you are still concerned, call Duragloss and tell them you have a technical question. Most likely you will be connected to Jerry.

Jeff120
10-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Thats good to know, I know I read that somewhere here......I guess that was wrong. Ill take it from the horses mouth.

rwright
10-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Thats good to know, I know I read that somewhere here......I guess that was wrong. Ill take it from the horses mouth.

Don't take my word as the Gospel, call Duragloss. They are all super nice people! I try to pass along correct info and at anytime I am proven wrong I will admit it my friend.

Setec Astronomy
10-18-2010, 07:40 PM
The actual phrase is "won't strip durable polishes" which is a reference to their LSP's which they quaintly call "polishes". So what they mean is their shampoo is meant to not strip their LSP's which they say are "durable to both acid and alkaline washes".

rwright
10-18-2010, 07:49 PM
The actual phrase is "won't strip durable polishes" which is a reference to their LSP's which they quaintly call "polishes". So what they mean is their shampoo is meant to not strip their LSP's which they say are "durable to both acid and alkaline washes".

I can see your point there, that's why I say call them. I think the reference to the strong washes is coin-ops.

*Edit - I will call Duragloss tomorrow and ask this specific question, will it strip light duty waxes or waxes that are not so durable?

Setec Astronomy
10-18-2010, 09:20 PM
No point in splitting hairs--the idea of a car shampoo (versus using dish soap or APC) is that it is supposed to clean without stripping wax/sealant. Obviously the more durable wax/sealants are going to be less effected than the not-so-durable ones. I don't know how DG can give you a real answer to your question, other than to say they made it gentle so you can wash without stripping your LSP, and I think it goes without saying they optimized it for their LSP's.

Jeff120
10-18-2010, 09:39 PM
If you want to call Richard that would be great. I just assumed it to mean it wont strip sealants as we know those are more durable then nubas.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-18-2010, 10:42 PM
*Edit - I will call Duragloss tomorrow and ask this specific question, will it strip light duty waxes or waxes that are not so durable?
:xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
10-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Obviously the more durable wax/sealants are going to be less effected than the not-so-durable ones.
Are you saying this could be said for any car wash soap?

Flash Gordon
10-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Strange as it may seem. I find most manufactures know little about how there products really perform. Not saying this is the case with DG, but I have seen this time and time again in the past with others

Best thing is to test it for yourself if you really want to find out

Setec Astronomy
10-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Are you saying this could be said for any car wash soap?

Um..yeah? Durable products are going to be less affected by anything, aren't they? That's what makes them durable.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Um..yeah? Durable products are going to be less affected by anything, aren't they? That's what makes them durable.
Yes, however, some car wash soaps may be more liable(stronger) to stripping wax. I'd like to know if DG 901 is one of them. That was my point.

BobbyG
10-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Duragloss 901 is one of my favorite car washes. It foams nice, dissolves surface contaminates, floats off dirt and grime, and rinses very well.