PDA

View Full Version : Need another polisher.

Pages : [1] 2

dbbrooks
10-17-2010, 11:38 AM
I need to have another polisher to be able to work small areas. I don't want to have to change backing plates. I have a PCXP and love it. I was going to get the baby Griots but after reading so many comments that it lacks power I don't know which route to take. Can anyone add to insight before I buy the wrong machine?Feed back please

ScottB
10-17-2010, 01:38 PM
why not grab a Flex, Griots, or Megs D/A to use side by side with PC ?? You could then use the Edge adapter and 4 inch pads on PC, Griots, or Megs and allow the Flex to take on larger needs.

Dubbin1
10-17-2010, 01:48 PM
why not grab a Flex, Griots, or Megs D/A to use side by side with PC ?? You could then use the Edge adapter and 4 inch pads on PC, Griots, or Megs and allow the Flex to take on larger needs.

They no longer make the edge adapter ;) Just pick up another DA and use one with the smaller pads only. I use my Flex for larger pads and PC for 4" only.

dbbrooks
10-17-2010, 01:53 PM

Good advice. I'll be waiting for a special on the Flex and use the PC for small pads.

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2010, 02:09 PM
They no longer make the edge adapter ;) Just pick up another DA and use one with the smaller pads only. I use my Flex for larger pads and PC for 4" only.

Huh? They no longer make the Edge adapter for the Flex, but killr was suggesting the Edge adapter for the PC etc., which is right here: The Edge 2000 Quick-Connect Adapter for the Porter Cable 7424 (http://www.autogeek.net/e210.html)

IID
10-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Huh? They no longer make the Edge adapter for the Flex, but killr was suggesting the Edge adapter for the PC etc., which is right here: The Edge 2000 Quick-Connect Adapter for the Porter Cable 7424
The Edge 2000 Quick-Connect Adapter for the Porter Cable 7424 (http://www.autogeek.net/e210.html)

I don't think this will work with the Flex XC3401VRG.

From AG store description:
(This Adapter fits the Porter Cable 7424XP, Griot's Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher and any dual action polisher that accomodates a 5/16" threaded post.)

I know at one time there was a adaptor you could get for the Flex DA but there were issue's with it,discontinued.That would be nice if you could put different BP's on the Flex DA.

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I wish you guys would read what's actually being posted. First killr suggests the use of the Edge adapter for PC. The answer to that was "they don't make that adapter anymore", to which I answered "they stopped making the adapter for the Flex, but they still make one for the PC", which I link, and I get the reply "that adapter is for the PC, not the Flex".

So, just to clarify:

1. killr suggests OP use an Edge adapter for the PC.

2. They still make that; link above.

3. They stopped making the Edge adapter for Flex shortly after 3M bought Edge.

IID
10-17-2010, 04:24 PM
I wish you guys would read what's actually being posted. First killr suggests the use of the Edge adapter for PC. The answer to that was "they don't make that adapter anymore", to which I answered "they stopped making the adapter for the Flex, but they still make one for the PC", which I link, and I get the reply "that adapter is for the PC, not the Flex".

So, just to clarify:

1. killr suggests OP use an Edge adapter for the PC.

2. They still make that; link above.

3. They stopped making the Edge adapter for Flex shortly after 3M bought Edge.

I think we are all on the same page,just not in sync.
Yes, the OP could get another DA and use the Edge adaptor (4"pads/ small area's) for the machine of his choosing (current PC,Griot's,Meg's) as long as it's not the Flex DA.If the OP would consider a Flex for the majority of the "Big area's" he could use the adaptor with his current DA for the "Small area's".
Just mentioning the OP can not use the adaptor for the Flex DA (XC3401VRG) if he chooses to go with a Flex (Big area's).

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Just mentioning the OP can not use the adaptor for the Flex DA (XC3401VRG) if he chooses to go with a Flex (Big area's).

No one ever suggested that. I'm done.

Rsurfer
10-17-2010, 04:43 PM
No one ever suggested that. I'm done.
Fustrating I know:nomore:

Dubbin1
10-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Huh? They no longer make the Edge adapter for the Flex, but killr was suggesting the Edge adapter for the PC etc., which is right here: The Edge 2000 Quick-Connect Adapter for the Porter Cable 7424 (http://www.autogeek.net/e210.html)

Sorry I missed that... Getting the adapter for the pc even makes less sense as it would cost more to replace his pads with edge pads and then be stuck using only their pads.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

IID
10-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Guy's,the FLEX was mentioned more than once.I think it starts in the first responce???

Dubbin1
10-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Guy's,the FLEX was mentioned more than once.I think it starts in the first responce???

What's your point?

ScottB
10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Sorry I missed that... Getting the adapter for the pc even makes less sense as it would cost more to replace his pads with edge pads and then be stuck using only their pads.

Actually it might make perfect sense. The Flex is well liked and considered more powerful than the PC. So why not upgrade to the Flex as an option ?? If so, then instead of simply leaving the PC alone add the Edge adapter so you can use numerous smaller pads. You can also get carpet brushes for PC so it becomes a great second buffer.

314wolf
10-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Why the Edge adapter?