PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax for Non metallic White?

dbbrooks
10-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm going to do a job next week on a non metallic white. Any opinions on what the best wax would be?Feed back please

R/TED
10-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Pinnacle Liquid Souvern. I own a white Ford Taurus and nothing looks better IMO.

dbbrooks
10-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Pinnacle Liquid Souvern. I own a white Ford Taurus and nothing looks better IMO.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.:props:

Shane731
10-16-2010, 05:03 PM
To be honest, I tried Liquid Souveran once and didn't care for it, although I'm probably in the minority saying that. If you want to go with a carnauba, I'd go with Signature Series II. If you want to go with a sealant, I'd go with Menzerna Power Lock. Just my opinion, of course. :props:

daveinsweethome
10-16-2010, 05:18 PM
bump on liq souverain. just wipe it off completely

dbbrooks
10-16-2010, 05:25 PM
To be honest, I tried Liquid Souveran once and didn't care for it, although I'm probably in the minority saying that. If you want to go with a carnauba, I'd go with Signature Series II. If you want to go with a sealant, I'd go with Menzerna Power Lock. Just my opinion, of course. :props:
I'm so confused...I really prefer WOWO waxes.:confused:.

Shane731
10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm so confused...I really prefer WOWO waxes.:confused:.

Sorry - I didn't know that. Signature Series II is WOWO. With Power Lock - you have to let it haze and then wipe it off. Although it is so easy to wipe off it might as well be WOWO. :xyxthumbs:

EDIT: Just an FYI, Autogeek does recommend you let Liquid Souveran dry to a light haze before removing.

dbbrooks
10-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Sorry - I didn't know that. Signature Series II is WOWO. With Power Lock - you have to let it haze and then wipe it off. Although it is so easy to wipe off it might as well be WOWO. :xyxthumbs:

EDIT: Just an FYI, Autogeek does recommend you let Liquid Souveran dry to a light haze before removing.

Thanks for the input. What's your take on Fuzion?

Devo242
10-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Whatever wax you decide on I find it beneficial to use cleansers on non-metallic white since they do a nice job of brightening the paintwork. I use P21S GEPC on my DD white Volvo, but I have heard good things about Pinnacle's offering as well.

dbbrooks
10-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Whatever wax you decide on I find it beneficial to use cleansers on non-metallic white since they do a nice job of brightening the paintwork. I use P21S GEPC on my DD white Volvo, but I have heard good things about Pinnacle's offering as well.

I don't know what that is but I was going to work the paint with a swirl remover first...cut it down as little as possible and then wax it.

AeroCleanse
10-16-2010, 05:58 PM
DodoJuice Supernatural looks amazing on white.

Kurt_s
10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Both Fuzion and WG DGPS are terrific on an artic white BMW. DGPS recently worked great on a white 94 Honda Accord. FUZION is a WOWO and has nice gloss, glow and durability. DGPS is a sealant with a little bit of a nuba glow. I use these on my two bimmers.

I recently used PoliSeal and OCW on a white FORD F250 and it looks great. I also used OCW over DGPS on my white bimmer with excellent results.

I highly recommend clay and either a pre-wax cleaner or some type of polishing with white paint. White really benefits from some type of pre-wax cleaning. Your swirl remover step may do the trick, but prewax cleaner/paint enhancers may leave the paint with a little more gloss depending on the swirl remover you plan to use.

I used OHP with a white pad on the Honda as a finishing step before using DGPS. The paint glows.

fancyfootwork
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Dodo Juice Light Fantastic Soft or Diamond White Hard.