PDA

View Full Version : Hydro-tech Vs. CCS ?

Pages : [1] 2

cobraa
10-16-2010, 10:19 AM
If the blue hydro-tech is suppose to dust less than the orange CCS and if the orange Hydro-tech is suppose to finish nicier than the white CCS?

May I please know why Lake country or AG still sell the orange and white CCS pad ?

I've been using the CCS pad for 2 years now.. I'm wondering if I should make the switch. You know, Alwyas trying to do a better work!

C. Charles Hahn
10-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Uh.... why does ANY company or vendor offer multiple product lines?

Because different people like different things.

StephenK
10-16-2010, 11:08 AM
see if anyone is close to you and ask to give the pads a spin.

Rob T
10-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Different strokes. I never did like the CCS pads...I preferred the flat ones. I prefer the hydro techs even more.

irsankao
03-04-2014, 06:33 AM
They both are different, flat pads are open cell, hydrotech pads are close cell, CCS are combination. Lake country pads are confusing indeed, took me a while to digest each of them.

If you have mike's book, there are some reading about them, pro and cons of both technologies.

swanicyouth
03-04-2014, 09:01 AM
The CCS pads are more durable than the HT pads, especially the Cyan HT pads. CCS also offers softer finishing pads as well. CCS Pads are also easier to clean. Dust isn't a byproduct of the pad, it's from the polish and the technique. I used the blue HT pads the other day with a compound and dust flew everywhere - so did blue foam pieces from the pad.

wdmaccord
03-04-2014, 10:08 AM
I read on another thread that the flat/HT pads are better for DAT and CCS is better for SMAT. I've only been using CCS for both types and plan to try out some flat pads for my DAT products this year.

boymanzein01
03-04-2014, 10:21 AM

Dogfather
03-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I read on another thread that the flat/HT pads are better for DAT and CCS is better for SMAT.

Uh-oh.

arisking
03-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Haha, people bumping a zombie thread and just copying previous posts, :P

lawrenceSA
03-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Uh-oh.

I subscribe to this school of thought having used both, and here's why.

When working a SMAT polish the abrasives are not breaking down in size and therefore the re-introduction of polish to the working face of the pad at any point during your 'set' has no effect on how the polish is finishing.

But if you do this near the end of a section pass with a DAT polish, you re-introduce fresh polish with abrasives that are not yet broken down. These will ultimately mar the paint, resulting in a sub-standard finish.

So when I can I will use CCS for SMAT products and use the pad's design to add polish back to the face of the pad to extend the buffing cycle if I need to continue cutting (I find easing off the pressure mid pass does this). Conversely I will use flat pads for DAT polishes where I can.

irsankao
03-05-2014, 04:22 AM
@lawrenceSA
Did you bookmark the link about it?

I have read it somewhere, I wanted to read it again but I can't find it.

lawrenceSA
03-05-2014, 04:36 AM
@lawrenceSA
Did you bookmark the link about it?

I have read it somewhere, I wanted to read it again but I can't find it.

I am not sure if this is the link you are looking for? http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/67725-expert-advice-needed-proper-technique-menz-sf4500-lc-ht-crimson.html but this is the only place I recall discussing it - of course that doesn't mean it wasn't actually discussed somewhere else, but rather that I may just be loosing my marbles:laughing:

DetailingNoob
03-05-2014, 09:38 AM
I am in the same dilemma. I can not figure out which polishing pads to buy. Every time I start looking, I get a headache from seeing 500 different ones lol.

mdgrwl
03-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Hydro (and the LC Flat Pads) usually work best with DAT polish (Menzerna)
CCS can work better for SMAT polish (Meguiars)

I prefer Flat/Hydro as I like Menzerna.

CCS wont break down the diminishing abrasives fully due to the dimples.