PDA

View Full Version : question about this process

Flyboy
11-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Step One: Apply Klasse All In One with a Cobra Microfiber Applicator Pad. AIO is a polish and sealant in one. It will clean the paint and remove minor imperfections in preparation for High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Buff with a Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloth.

Step Two: Apply High Gloss Sealant Glaze with a Poly Foam Wax Applicator. Spread an extremely thin coat. Use no more than a dime-sized amount per panel. Buff with a Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloth.

Step Three: Once High Gloss Sealant Glaze has cured (approximately 8-12 hours), apply a coat of Pinnacle Souveran Wax. Buff with a fresh microfiber towel. Souveran can be layered as many times as desired.

i guess i am a "newbie" to detailing, but i would think the caranuba would go over the AIO, then apply the Sealant glaze????

i have been using AIO with Klasse SG now for about 6 months and i love the lasting finish, so i am curious about this process and how long it would last?

BILL
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
i guess i am a "newbie" to detailing, but i would think the caranuba would go over the AIO, then apply the Sealant glaze????

i have been using AIO with Klasse SG now for about 6 months and i love the lasting finish, so i am curious about this process and how long it would last?

Putting the sealer over the carnuba would create a bonding issue.......

AIO and klasse S.G. is a nice combo.......if you want to top it off ??use a carnuba if not?? looks good as is......... :cheers:

ryandamartini
11-28-2006, 06:19 PM

Nope AIO lays and cleans for a nice base for applying Klasse SG. Then you top it with a choice wax if you wish :)

Flyboy
11-28-2006, 07:00 PM
so then the finish which is supposed to be good for up to 1 year is only good for maybe a month? that is pointless to me.

BILL
11-28-2006, 09:09 PM
so then the finish which is supposed to be good for up to 1 year is only good for maybe a month? that is pointless to me.

I for one wax my car every 2 weeks because i love doing it, so toppimg sealer with a carnuba is no big deal with me as far as durability....you dont have to top it if you dont want to, leaving the sealer waxed, or un -waxed is a personal choice.....:)

Flyboy
11-28-2006, 09:47 PM
I for one wax my car every 2 weeks because i love doing it, so toppimg sealer with a carnuba is no big deal with me as far as durability....you dont have to top it if you dont want to, leaving the sealer waxed, or un -waxed is a personal choice.....:)
i dont' have time to wax that often, but i do enjoy doing it. and in the winter i can't wax at all, i have no where to do it

ryandamartini
11-28-2006, 09:56 PM
i dont' have time to wax that often, but i do enjoy doing it. and in the winter i can't wax at all, i have no where to do it

Then just go for the Klasse AIO topped with Sealant Glaze. You will get 6 months easy.

-Ryan

darksparkz
11-29-2006, 12:29 AM
You don't need to layer AIO, unless you have lots of oxidation. For SG, if you want a better coverage, do 2-3 layers with a day between each. After SG is done, you can use whichever wax you want.

The AIO+SG combo can last up to 6 months. But waxes don't last as long, well synthetic ones last 3-4 months sometimes, while carnauba ones last 1-2 months usually.

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 11:01 AM
You don't need to layer AIO, unless you have lots of oxidation. For SG, if you want a better coverage, do 2-3 layers with a day between each. After SG is done, you can use whichever wax you want.

The AIO+SG combo can last up to 6 months. But waxes don't last as long, well synthetic ones last 3-4 months sometimes, while carnauba ones last 1-2 months usually. is AIO not a wax? pretty sure it is

and if i put wax over the stop of the SG, wouldn't i have to reapply AIO and SG every time i waxed?

darksparkz
11-29-2006, 12:06 PM
AIO is more of a light polish, works more as a sealant.

Your supposed to apply wax on top of AIO+SG, it wouldn't cancel out AIO+SG, it works perfectly fine. I do AIO+SG (w/ 3 layers) every 6 months, then apply layers of wax, P21S, once a month or so.

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 12:22 PM
AIO is more of a light polish, works more as a sealant.

Your supposed to apply wax on top of AIO+SG, it wouldn't cancel out AIO+SG, it works perfectly fine. I do AIO+SG (w/ 3 layers) every 6 months, then apply layers of wax, P21S, once a month or so.

so you dont' fully remove all the old wax first?

darksparkz
11-29-2006, 01:22 PM
No, I just leave AIO/SG on, because AIO is more of a sealant/light polish and SG acts as a glaze.

For the P21S, I just keep reapplying it monthly or evey two months, because it's a carnauba that wears out in about 6-8 weeks.

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 01:46 PM
what is P21S? i have some Mothers pure caranuba (rock hard stuff in a can that i used to use)

darksparkz
11-29-2006, 03:28 PM
It's just a type of caranuba wax: http://www.autogeek.net/p2concarwax.html

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 07:37 PM
i think i will try the mothers this weekend if i get a chance to try my XMT #2, #1, AIO, SG. if i still have time after all that, then i will try it, otherwise the SG will have to be the final for a while