PDA

View Full Version : How Long can I wait?

CLipster
10-14-2010, 08:41 AM
I detailed a 2006 Bermuda Blue Tahoe this last weekend that needed the whole works. I also did a 2010 Silver Malibu that did not require correction, but just protection.

I was able to wash, clay and one coat of Powerlock for the Malibu. I was planning on putting collinite 845iw as I did with the Tahoe, but did not have the time.

What is a good time frame that I really should get the 845iw on before I would have to start all over?

Another thing I noticed was the Silver does not pop out as much with just one coat of Powerlock. Would I put another coat on and then the 845iw? but maybe it is just the silver.

Any info is helpful. thanks

Setec Astronomy
10-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Silver is not really known for "popping out" but even though the car is new, the paint might not be at its "full potential" as Mike Phillips might say. New cars frequently have the Dealer Installed Swirl Option.

It's never a bad practice to put two coats of sealant on to insure complete coverage. As fas as "how long you have", you have plenty of time. Just make sure the surface is clean before you rub anything else on it (which means wash it again before you reapply LSP, or you can QD or waterless wash if it's very clean already--just don't use a really oily QD that might interfere with the sealant bonding). You just don't really want to wait so long that the LSP is deteriorating before you reapply; a week or two (or more, depending on conditions) should be fine. Just remember you don't generally want to put a sealant on top of a wax, so if you want to add another coat of PowerLock, do it before the 845.

Meghan
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM
If you are looking for Silver to pop maybe next time try to put a layer of Signature Series II. That is one of my favorite waxes on Silver.

CLipster
10-14-2010, 12:42 PM
If you are looking for Silver to pop maybe next time try to put a layer of Signature Series II. That is one of my favorite waxes on Silver.

so I would still do the pwerlock, but use SigII for the topper to this then?

Maybe this could be my summer setup.

thanks