PDA

View Full Version : Cordless drill pad adapters

Glimmer Twin
10-13-2010, 12:42 PM
What's the opinion about using a 4" or other small pad with a drill. Another site has an adapter/3 pad set but I don't see one here. Have I overlooked it by chance? Was looking to do some light spot work/waxing and clean up plastic headlights on my DD.

loudog2
10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
You can use this adapter w/a rotary BP
Spot Buffs Drill Adapter (http://www.autogeek.net/46231.html)

Sonic_03gtp
10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
these thing's our awesome to have, with the small pad's. For those hard to reach spot's, and headlight resto's and want not. Just need a decent grill

350z00m
10-13-2010, 03:35 PM
these thing's our awesome to have, with the small pad's. For those hard to reach spot's, and headlight resto's and want not. Just need a decent grill

Wish i can polish with a grill 8) JK

these thing's our awesome to have, with the small pad's. For those hard to reach spot's, and headlight resto's and want not. Just need a decent Drill

FIXed!:dblthumb2:

Jay

Glimmer Twin
10-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks fellows - i was pretty sure these were available from AG. One other question, it looks like there are two 2+" backing plates available. One is hard plastic ($8), the other a more flexible urethane thats $13. Any experience with these and is the higher priced one better?

Shade Tree
10-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks fellows - i was pretty sure these were available from AG. One other question, it looks like there are two 2+" backing plates available. One is hard plastic ($8), the other a more flexible urethane thats $13. Any experience with these and is the higher priced one better?

The flexible backing plate would be more beneficial and user friendly. Your finishes will come out better as you build your technique.

Hard backing plates aren't forgiving when you need them to be, however they work well depending on one's technique and polishing process. Meaning, if you are smooth in your delivery of product to the finish of the paint then either plate will work well.

If you're not so smooth then the hard backing plate will help you to build that technique.