PDA

View Full Version : Best products

AudiA3
11-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Hi,

I just bought an Audi A3 and I have several questions on what are the best products to use to clean it. There are so many products out there that makes it really difficult to pick the best ones!
Best product to maintain the leathers seats?
Best product to clean and maintain the inside, not very glossy?
Bets product to clean the car after washing, chamois, etc?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Feed back please

Mike T
11-28-2006, 09:18 AM
No product is the "BEST".
1st that come to mind though.
For leather: PB's Leather Stuff
Interior: PB's Natural Look
After washing I usually go over the finish with S&W to remove water spots and such. I use the guzzler to dry each section washed. The only person to decide the "Best" product for you is you. We here encourage everyone to try different product to find what suits them the best to achieve what it is your looking for out of your product.

supercharged
11-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi,

I just bought an Audi A3 and I have several questions on what are the best products to use to clean it. There are so many products out there that makes it really difficult to pick the best ones!
Thanks in advance for your help!

Feed back please

Look at Poorboy's, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and DP brands. Every product they make is very high in quality, and you won't be dissapointed with results.

As far as microfiber towels - look at Cobra brand.

Good luck.:cheers:

Kelso
11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Best product to maintain the leathers seats? *wolfgang leather conditioner
Best product to clean and maintain the inside, not very glossy? *aerospace 303 protectant
Bets product to clean the car after washing, chamois, etc? for drying you mean??? microfiber towel

teeks
11-28-2006, 03:07 PM
i recently got to drive a 07 a3. with the v6 and DSG. and i have to say im jealous =p. congrats on the new car. i would reccomend you use a guzzler for drying. preventing swirls early on will make your life much easier in the long run.

ryandamartini
11-28-2006, 03:11 PM
newb guide time! modifying to fit your cars needs now....

ryandamartini
11-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Here ya go :

First and foremost the best investment you can make to keep your vehicle looking great and hold some resale value is investing in a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher. It is also sold under the badges of 7336 / 733gSP, and finally the most popular 7424 which is available for purchase right here on autogeek. Great way to take advantage of that 10% off code!

Forgive me, Im just going to reiterate some things maybe but here it goes:

Washing/Drying:
I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH how important proper washing and drying is to maintain a swirl free finish.
For this, you want a proper wash mitt and drying towel. For a washmit, I recommend the Schmitt. It is a soft foam with a scrubber for lower areas. It can be machine washed, and many members here have nothing but great things to say about, me personally it’s the best wash mitt ever made.
http://autogeek.net/shmitt.html

And for drying look at the Cobra Guzzler! By far, the best drying towel I have set eyes on. It is 28" x 54" and will dry your beautiful audi streak free every time. I suggest grabbing one for your big truck! This will help prevent water spots by sucking up the water effectively and completely.

http://autogeek.net/waffle-weave-drying-towel.html

Claying:
about:
http://autogeek.net/clbaandlu.html

My picks:
http://autogeek.net/piulpoclkit.html
http://autogeek.net/wg8000.html

Wax and Sealants:
Now there is a difference here. Waxes are pastes and liquids consisting of either a Carnauba base [natural wax] or a synthetic polymer base [synthetic]. Waxes tend to give the best look of depth and shimmering out of the two, but do not last that long as far as protection is concerned.

This is why a lot of people use both! Sealants form a hard layer on your clear coat to protect your paint. They give a more reflective look to your paint and a very wet look. How do you combine these great elements you ask? Well you use them both. I prefer to lay down a layer of sealant, let it cure for a while and then put a layer of my favorite Carnauba wax on there.

FOR YOUR CAR: Depending on where you live, in florida or up North, you will be subject to harsh conditions. You want to look at a sealant for colder, harsher climates. My picks for easy to use sealants for looks and durability are thus: Wolfgang Deep Gloss, DP Shield Shine, or Duragloss #105.
Product differences: The most durable is a tie between Duragloss and DP. Both deliver outstanding reflection and deph, but Duragloss edges out in my personal experience. Both a great product, I find that 2 layers of 105 lasts longer than 6 months and holds its look and water beading. Wolfgang is for looks with protection. The sealant gives a very nice glow and depth to the paint. A great sealant for someone in the southern states that have something remotely close to winter.

WAXES: For maximum protection in a tin with some nice looks look at Collinite products. Any one of their waxes will add great looks as well as up to 5 months per application of wax. If you happen to live in an area with a fair winter, I strongly recommend DP Maxwax or Pinnacle Signature Series II for your car. Both give a great look and will make your car the envy of all who lay eyes upon it at a stoplight. Also since you have such a nice Audi, look at Pinnacle Liquid Souveran for maximum looks with good protection. Bottom line, sealants: Durability/looks: Duragloss, Long Lasting: DP Shield, More looks and good protection: Wolfgang Deep Gloss.
Bottom Line for waxes: Protection: Collinite Waxes.
Bottom Line for Pretty Waxes: Budget but still Great: DP Maxwax, Pinnacle Signature Series II.
Bottom Line Great Looks/ Less durability: Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran.

Polishing:
As far as polishing goes, the Porter Cable 7424 is a great tool. While similar to many orbital polishers, it is more powerful than most around. The PC can do astounding corrective work once trained up on it and it a good investment. I suggest you look at the videos on this page as they might help you assess the damage and what polishes you will need on your beauty. http://autogeek.net/xmt.html

As far as pad choices go, I know the price is a little steep for the whole set, but go for the full set of Edge2k pads. They are double sided, so basically 2 in one on each pad. This kit gives you some pad care products, the pads, and buffing bonnets to take off waxes, along with the edge adapter. An EXCELLENT deal! http://autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html

Welcome to car OCD, and we hope you enjoy your ride! Don’t be shy to PM any one of out members for some help if you need it!

ScottB
11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Conolly Leather Hide Care , Leatherique (bad shape)

303 Protectant (matte surface with UV protection) , Mes Quik Interior Cleaner

Washing - sheepskin mitt , shmitt, and good car wash
Drying -- leaf blower, Guzzler WW towel, good quick detailer (spruce ups)

Gary Sword
12-01-2006, 08:17 PM
I think Connolly Hide Care is the best product on the market for leather. It is the only product I will use on my Lambo. Gary Cape Coral, FL

Excessive Detail
12-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Leather: I like Lexol, cleaner and dressing for new leather.
Inside: I'm prefer Megs. #40, tried other stuff but always come back to this. Cleans great and leaves a nice flat gloss shine without any greasy rseidue. Smell clean too.
Washing car: Edge Shmitt, 5 or 6 gallon bucket with grit guard, foam gun, good apc, good soap I prefer Megs. nxt or gold class, and good, yet safe scrub pad for the front and lower panels.
Drying: Cobra Guzzler, QD, air hose or blower

tod071
12-03-2006, 05:27 AM
Leather: 303 Protectant
Inside: 303 Protectant
Washing car: Poorboys super Slick & Suds
Drying: Cobra or Pakshak Microifiber Guzzler