PDA

View Full Version : Another which Polish to use thread

darksparkz
11-27-2006, 10:24 PM
I've searched around and couldn't quite find a thread to match my situation.

I currently have Sonus SFX-2, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, and P21S.

I'm planning to get a PC7424HD in the spring, but I'll order the Edge2k pad kit because it's 20% off now.

I have two cars that I'll need to clean, one newer with less swirls other then dealer instilled ones. The other has been around for 10 years and have gone through many many automated car washes. Both cars are tan/beige/gold color.

I'm thinking to just order XMT #1,2, and 3 seperately and stick with P21S until it runs out. Would I need anything else, or what else would you recommend? I wouldn't need a wax pre-cleaner because I'll only be using one type of wax for now, and probably layer it with NXT for winter time. Would Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo or Paintwork Cleansing Lotion be necessary at all?

Any recommendations on what I should do? I'm planning to use XMT #3, then #2, then Klasse AIO and SG, and top off with P21S on the 10 year old car.

But on the newer car, I'll just do XMT #2, then #1, then do the Klasse AIO, SG, P21s.

Thanks a lot for the help, I'm fairly new at this!

supercharged
11-28-2006, 01:35 AM
I've searched around and couldn't quite find a thread to match my situation.

I currently have Sonus SFX-2, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, and P21S.

I'm planning to get a PC7424HD in the spring, but I'll order the Edge2k pad kit because it's 20% off now.

I have two cars that I'll need to clean, one newer with less swirls other then dealer instilled ones. The other has been around for 10 years and have gone through many many automated car washes. Both cars are tan/beige/gold color.

I'm thinking to just order XMT #1,2, and 3 seperately and stick with P21S until it runs out. Would I need anything else, or what else would you recommend? I wouldn't need a wax pre-cleaner because I'll only be using one type of wax for now, and probably layer it with NXT for winter time. If you have a coat of P21S, NXT might have some issues bonding to it, and you will not get good durability of form it. In such case - remove P21S with AIO. Would Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo or Paintwork Cleansing Lotion be necessary at all?
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo is one of the best there is. You might also like Poorboy's SS&S. As of PCL, it removes previous coats of wax, you can substitude it with AIO. Your choice.

Any recommendations on what I should do? I'm planning to use XMT #3, then #2, then Klasse AIO and SG, and top off with P21S on the 10 year old car.

But on the newer car, I'll just do XMT #2, then #1, then do the Klasse AIO, SG, P21s.
Sounds good to me.

Post pictures of your results when you are done.

Thanks a lot for the help, I'm fairly new at this!

Good luck.

darksparkz
11-28-2006, 12:49 PM
There's no point to remove previous coats of wax if I keep using P21S over and over right?

What's the point of Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo? Do I apply it after polishing or after claying?

ltoman
11-28-2006, 02:46 PM
There's no point to remove previous coats of wax if I keep using P21S over and over right?

What's the point of Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo? Do I apply it after polishing or after claying?

PBS is what you wash the car with whenever you wash it. It is awesome and I find a little goes a long way. You won't be sorry!!
Lauren

ryandamartini
11-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Look at the DP or Pinnacle XMT Swirl Remover Series. Both give great finishes and have no oil fillers unlike the Sonus which is LOADED with them.

Look at the Pinnacle Intermediate Swirl Kit or Dp Swirl Kit, as both are 20% off with coupon holiday4

darksparkz
11-29-2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I looked at the Intermediate Kit for XMT, and it comes with XMT #1 and #3, which is kinda odd because they skip the middle #2. Anyways, after 20% off, it comes to $56.

I don't really need the Lake Country pads, because I'm ordering the Edge2k kit, so I think it may be a better idea to just buy XMT #1, 2, and 3 seperately.

Plus, the Intermediate Intro kit is $32 after the 20%, and I don't think I'll be using their XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze because I have Klasse SG and P21s.

Seems like I'll only be betting the Edge2k pad kit for $80 after the 20% and wait to see if there'll be any sales on buying XMT individually. Plus I'll get the PC7472HD later in the spring.

ryandamartini
11-29-2006, 04:38 AM
Yeah, I looked at the Intermediate Kit for XMT, and it comes with XMT #1 and #3, which is kinda odd because they skip the middle #2. Anyways, after 20% off, it comes to $56.

I don't really need the Lake Country pads, because I'm ordering the Edge2k kit, so I think it may be a better idea to just buy XMT #1, 2, and 3 seperately.

Plus, the Intermediate Intro kit is $32 after the 20%, and I don't think I'll be using their XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze because I have Klasse SG and P21s.

Seems like I'll only be betting the Edge2k pad kit for $80 after the 20% and wait to see if there'll be any sales on buying XMT individually. Plus I'll get the PC7472HD later in the spring.

XMT Glaze is an outstanding product tho. After you polish, apply the glaze then put your coat of wax on top, its really an amazing look :)

Klasse SG is a sealant and P21S is a topper. Topping carnuauba glaze with P21s is what your supposed to do as the XMT glaze has almost no durability alone.