PDA

View Full Version : School me on a "paint cleaner"

keepitclean
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Being somewhat of a weekend warrior on detailing I've always gone by the theory of wash with Dawn then clay if needed. My go to swirl removers are Wolfgang TSR and/or Meg 105 then Meg 205 or Wolfgang finishing glaze then a Sealant (Power Loak) and/or wax.

I'm confused when and at what step would a paint cleaner be benificial to use vs other products.

Thanks

Emm
10-12-2010, 10:43 AM
If you aren't going to do correction work,(polishing) but want to remove old layers of wax. Work with a clean surface

Lasthope05
10-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Paint cleaners only really serve two purposes and that is for removing a degrading LSP so you can apply a fresh layer, in between full details, and using it to clean and prep the surface to maximize the looks and adhesion of the corresponding LSP. e.g. Victoria lite cleanse + Victoria's Red

It is not necessary to use a paint cleaner after polishing the paint as it will already be smooth and clean, but it is just an optional step like how a glaze is.

keepitclean
10-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Paint cleaners only really serve two purposes and that is for removing a degrading LSP so you can apply a fresh layer, in between full details, and using it to clean and prep the surface to maximize the looks and adhesion of the corresponding LSP. e.g. Victoria lite cleanse + Victoria's Red

It is not necessary to use a paint cleaner after polishing the paint as it will already be smooth and clean, but it is just an optional step like how a glaze is.

excellent....that makes sense.