PDA

View Full Version : Spray your pads with alcohol after applying sealant?

Silverstone
10-12-2010, 01:39 AM
This is what I just got done trying with pads I used for applying WGDGPS and it made cleaning out this notoriously difficult sealant much easier. It was 91% IPL diluted slightly to maybe 80-85% or so, and I sprayed it on the pad heavily with the still wet sealant, then washed with Dawn. It took much less soap and the sealant came right out. No having to keep adding more soap and a long session of squeezing out the goo. Less than half the soap and less than half the time. :xyxthumbs:

I won't know for sure till they dry but I may even be able to use them with another product next time instead of having permanent WGDGPS dedicated pads.

I cant be the first to try this but I've seen a few WGDGPS is a PITA posts (mine included) and never saw it mentioned.

ROMEO
10-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I will have to try this next time!! It took me for ever to wash me sealer pad... Thank you for the tip...

CEE DOG
10-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Thank you! That sounds like a good idea. I have a whole process but with the sealant machine pads this sounds like it will really help.:dblthumb2:

BobbyG
10-12-2010, 06:40 AM
That does make allot of sense and I'll give it a try! :props:

Bunky
10-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I have been spraying foam applicators and pads with OPC the second I finish with them so they can soak for a while. I then wash later. It really does help.