PDA

View Full Version : ONR & Convertible top

WEST SIDE
10-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Can ONR be used on a fabric type convertible top,which is the best way to apply MF or sprayer?

Thanks

ScottB
10-11-2010, 05:54 PM
good question ... I would try it without hesitation since ONR is quite safe. Hopefully someone will ring in with a definite. I would suggest using Ragtopp or 303 to clean/protect initially however on fabric tops.

Chris Thomas
10-11-2010, 07:03 PM
I use ONR on fabric tops just like on the paint with no problems. My mom has a convertible Beetle and that's all I've used on it for a couple of years now.

WEST SIDE
10-18-2010, 12:33 AM
good question ... I would try it without hesitation since ONR is quite safe. Hopefully someone will ring in with a definite. I would suggest using Ragtopp or 303 to clean/protect initially however on fabric tops.

I had originally protected the top with 303 fabric guard couple months back and went to do an ONR wash,what a joke i could't get the top wet enough to wash it the water just rolled off like crazy.
For convertible owners i highly reccommend the 303 fabric guard but you're going to have to use a hose to get enough water on it to wash it.

CEE DOG
10-18-2010, 09:20 AM
I feel like using a hose is the only way to really get all the dirt out from under and between the fabrics. I read somewhere that between raggtop or 303 applications you should only rinse the top but I don't buy that at all.

I use 303 or raggtop cleaner once or twice a year and then seal it. The 303 reeeeally seals it well. Then I wash it with my Ulitma wash and a tampioca brush like this Natural Tampico Upholstery & Carpet Scrub Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/natural-tampico-upholstery-carpet-scrub-brush.html) the rest of the time.