PDA

View Full Version : Can I put second coat of sealant on 3 days later.

mavven77
10-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I did my first full detail this past Saturday, consisting of Pinnacle blue clay, Wolfgang 3.0 swirl remover, followed by Wolfgang Finishing glaze, and then my last step was poor boys EX-P paint sealant. The car is a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Bold Beige Metallic Paint.

I had to work all day Sunday and I am working all day today, tomorrow I am off and would like to know if I can wash dry and put a second coat of sealant, or is it pointless? Or should I just wash dry and add a coat of DP Maxx Wax?

Rsurfer
10-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I did my first full detail this past Saturday, consisting of Pinnacle blue clay, Wolfgang 3.0 swirl remover, followed by Wolfgang Finishing glaze, and then my last step was poor boys EX-P paint sealant. The car is a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Bold Beige Metallic Paint.

I had to work all day Sunday and I am working all day today, tomorrow I am off and would like to know if I can wash dry and put a second coat of sealant, or is it pointless? Or should I just wash dry and add a coat of DP Maxx Wax?
Two coats will assure you complete coverage. 24 hours of cure time is more than enough so your good to go. Putting on Max Wax is your call. Try a section and see if you like it.:buffing:

JonMiles
10-11-2010, 01:53 PM
You can surely add a sealant on top of a sealant providing the product being added doesn't have any cleaning ability. I like the idea of layering sealants, and then topping 2 or 3 layers with a good nuba.

mavven77
10-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the quick responses guys, greatly appreciated!