PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Reflectons Spray Wax

truckbutt
10-11-2010, 01:03 PM
My car is black and shows every streak. I find that using this wax in between coats of M#26 keeps a deep wet gloss. The only problem is that this wax is very unforgiving. If it dries before you buff it out you get streaks like crazy. You have to do a small area at a time. Has anyone found an easier way to use this wax?

forrest@mothers
10-11-2010, 03:42 PM
If it dries before you buff it out you get streaks like crazy. You have to do a small area at a time. Has anyone found an easier way to use this wax?

How large of an area are you trying to do? In sunlight or shade? Is the paint warm/hot?

Bunky
10-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Are you spreading and wiping with the same microfiber towel?

I usually apply it by using an applicator (or also could use on dedicated towel) to help spread it more evenly; then buff off with a clean towel.

truckbutt
10-11-2010, 07:37 PM
In the shade, cool car. If you do an area larger then you can buff before it dries on its own, you have some serious streaks.

ChuckBMW3
10-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I haven't had any experience with this product but Megs quick wax (in the red bottle) is great stuff. Spray it on wet or dry, wipe it off, then give it a quick buff. It leaves the paint extremely smooth and shiny, without streaking.