PDA

View Full Version : 3.5" Dual Action Flexible Backing Plate

dksu
04-14-2006, 01:44 AM
For 3.5" Dual Action Flexible Backing Plate do i need the DA adapter to fit on a 7424 pc? Also, the microfiber towels included in the pinnacle clay kit, are they the Cobra Microfiber detailing cloth whihc costs 7.99? Or are they the general green all purpose microfiber towels sold in 6 pack. thank you

ScottB
04-14-2006, 05:17 AM
Dont know about the smaller backing plate specifically, might need to use the smaller counterweight also (included with 7424). http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1889_26949576 Doesnt appear to need an adapter from pic, might wanna call Jason today to make sure. x-208

I believe these are the towels now included in the Pinnacle kits. http://www.autogeek.net/pincobdetclo.html originally they were lighter green like top, but have taken on more fibers and a darker forrest green coloring.

Meghan
04-14-2006, 06:34 AM
For 3.5" Dual Action Flexible Backing Plate do i need the DA adapter to fit on a 7424 pc? Also, the microfiber towels included in the pinnacle clay kit, are they the Cobra Microfiber detailing cloth whihc costs 7.99? Or are they the general green all purpose microfiber towels sold in 6 pack. thank you
No you do not need an adapter for the backing plate.. http://www.autogeek.net/lc-43085da.html

dksu
04-14-2006, 01:22 PM
do i need a new counterweight for the smaller backing plate? How do i remove the pad/backing plate that came attached with the pc? I just received my pc kit yesterday.

ScottB
04-14-2006, 07:26 PM
do i need a new counterweight for the smaller backing plate? How do i remove the pad/backing plate that came attached with the pc? I just received my pc kit yesterday.

7424 comes with the smaller counterweight. If you use the bigger pads and need the bigger backing plate, then order the 6 inch counterweight.

You should have received a wrench that slips between the pad and the socket. Once hard twist usually loosens it and then you can spin it off.

SpoiledMan
04-14-2006, 08:58 PM
In my experience it doesn't matter which counter weight you use as they aren't designed to be used with a backing plate and pad combo but a backing plate and sandpaper combo. The pad with product added i much heavier than the sandpaper so their is little or no change between the two weights.

ScottB
04-15-2006, 07:55 AM
In my experience it doesn't matter which counter weight you use as they aren't designed to be used with a backing plate and pad combo but a backing plate and sandpaper combo. The pad with product added i much heavier than the sandpaper so their is little or no change between the two weights.

You might wanna read the PC's direction a little better. The counterweight should always be used and based upon size of backing plates. Somehow it helps with the random orbital motion and keeping motor working properly. (I am not scientist or engineer). But using a PC properly is best direction for novice and professionals alike.

joe.p
04-15-2006, 09:13 AM
The counter weights provide an even balance and will help lessen vibrations when using larger polishing pads also it will help the bearings from wearing prematurely 02..

Heres the skinny on 6" & 5" Counter Weights.
http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/skinny.htm?L+coastest+tkvg4969ffe9d9e9+1145192645
joe

SpoiledMan
04-15-2006, 10:49 AM
You might wanna read the PC's direction a little better. The counterweight should always be used and based upon size of backing plates. Somehow it helps with the random orbital motion and keeping motor working properly. (I am not scientist or engineer). But using a PC properly is best direction for novice and professionals alike.

Perhaps you should try REAL world use and learn for yourself that there ISN'T a difference in actual use between the two. But if you insist that you're correct then perhaps a backing plate smaller than 5 inches shouldn't be used with the PC as there isn't a proper counter weight.

It's not just me either. Search the various detailing sites and you'll actually learn from someone that's not trying to sell you something that you don't need. There's no difference in use/vibration when you're using polishing pads and the counter weights that are available as it wasn't designed at any point to be a paint polishing machine. Don't take my word, look around for yourself.