PDA

View Full Version : Transporter Failed To Protect My Car

ICECAR
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Need help please. I'm not a pro detailer, but I really need one. My wife and I have just recently moved into the St. Louis, MO area for my job. We had a transporter move her almost perfect 2004 Red T-Bird in an enclosed transport..we thought. It arrived in horrible shape. Long story short - I need the services of a professional detailer in the St. Charles, Mo area if possible. Anybody know someone they can recommend or are you on the forum? Thanks.

gewb
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Welcome Icecar -

Sorry to hear about your problem - but no problem! Don't freak out and jump too quickly - lots of good talent here. Give the board a few days and you'll have a qualified professional who can help.

Regards,
GEWB

gewb
10-10-2010, 08:38 PM
... It arrived in horrible shape. Long story short - I need the services of a professional detailer in the St. Charles, Mo area if possible.

Can you describe the condition or better yet, post a few pictures?

Also, was the transport insured? Just thinking...insurance might foot the bill.

Regards,
GEWB

ICECAR
10-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Okay a little more info. I have moved my keeper cars accross country prior to this move. I used our perfered transporter. This time my company paid for the move and we had to use another. We requested the car be moved in an enclosed transport. Upon delivery it was clear the car did not move enclosed. I keep the car in prestine condition IMHO. It arrived covered in gritty dust/dirty condition. Oil drippings on the hood. Small dents(no paint cracks seen) on the passenger side front and rear lower panels. Scratches on the rear bumper. I haven't noticed any other scratches yet that may lie under the dust. I have contacted the transporter and opened a claim. They have stated they will cover cost to restore. But don't know if I can believe them. So, I will need estimates and someone with a camera to capture the damages. My camera just dosen't do it. I have had one person reach out to me so far. I've been traveling ever since the car arrived. This is the first chance I've had to add to my thread. This car is the wife's keepsake. Any help is appreceiated. Thanks.

gewb
10-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Okay a little more info. I have moved my keeper cars accross country prior to this move. I used our perfered transporter. This time my company paid for the move and we had to use another. We requested the car be moved in an enclosed transport. Upon delivery it was clear the car did not move enclosed. I keep the car in prestine condition IMHO. It arrived covered in gritty dust/dirty condition. Oil drippings on the hood. Small dents(no paint cracks seen) on the passenger side front and rear lower panels. Scratches on the rear bumper. I haven't noticed any other scratches yet that may lie under the dust. I have contacted the transporter and opened a claim. They have stated they will cover cost to restore. But don't know if I can believe them. So, I will need estimates and someone with a camera to capture the damages. My camera just dosen't do it. I have had one person reach out to me so far. I've been traveling ever since the car arrived. This is the first chance I've had to add to my thread. This car is the wife's keepsake. Any help is appreceiated. Thanks.

Bummer. Sounds like a normal independent transporter and your car was on the bottom.

I sent a PM to a person near O'Fallon, MO but haven't heard back (I also linked to this post). Know a couple good sources in Kansas City but they aren't interested in an eight hour round trip drive! I'll keep looking...

Regards,
GEWB

ICECAR
10-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the interest gweb. Not much interest from the forum on help. One guy here in the St. Louis area contacted me. I talked with him and he was to come and see the car Sat. He called and said he couldn't make it. We talked on Sat and he said he would email me a quote in an hour that I could submit to the transporter. Its Sunday night and no email. I called him and left a voice message to say I'm looking for someone else. So my car sits in the garage waiting for help and the transporter has yet to send an adjuster. I sent a bunch of pictures to their claims department, but I still need a quote. So I'm going on line here and see if I can raise some interest in someone that wants to make a couple hundred buck to start. This is going nowhere and I'm really frustrated.

Shade Tree
10-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I haven't talked to Kris in forever, but I would recommend his services to you. He provides not only detailing services, but also dent removal so he would be a good go to guy for an insurance estimate as well.

Custom Auto Care Auto Detailing, Window Tinting, Dent Removal, Head Light Restoration (http://www.cacautodetailing.com/index.html)

ROMEO
10-17-2010, 08:20 PM
No sure if this is an option, but what about calling your insurance company??? You could you file a claim with them, and then they go after the transporter company??? Even if you were to have a deductible you would get it back once they collect the money from the transporter company. Also, it was not your fault, so your monthly should not go up...

Again, no sure if it is an option, it just crossed my mind... :dblthumb2:

Shane731
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM
The only detailer I can think of that might be able to help you is Auto Lavish (username jlb85 on AGO). Here's a list of the cars he has done and posted Show N' Shine's on:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1200176

According to his website, he is located in Southeast Michigan, but will travel out of state for a travel fee. Would be best to contact him for more info. Here is the link to his website.

Fine Automobile Detailing (http://autolavish.com/Autolavish_Site/Welcome.html)

EDIT: If you want to see one of the best details ever, check out the 1929 Ford Model A Roadster he detailed (listed under the first link). Absolutely amazing!

Fly bye
10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Here's a list of the cars he has done and posted Show N' Shine's on:

vBulletin Message...

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Shane731
10-17-2010, 10:07 PM
vBulletin Message...

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Weird - works fine for me. Try this:

1. Click on this link to his public profile: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/jlb85.html
2. Click on the Statistics tab
3. Click on Find all threads started by jlb85

That should bring you right to it. If it doesn't, do a member search for jlb85, click on his user name, then follow steps 2 and 3.

ICECAR
10-18-2010, 07:37 AM
I haven't talked to Kris in forever, but I would recommend his services to you. He provides not only detailing services, but also dent removal so he would be a good go to guy for an insurance estimate as well.

Custom Auto Care Auto Detailing, Window Tinting, Dent Removal, Head Light Restoration (http://www.cacautodetailing.com/index.html)

Thanks for the contact. Just moved here and don't know anybody. I'll give him a call today and be sure to say you refered me. Thanks again. :props:

ICECAR
10-18-2010, 07:41 AM
The only detailer I can think of that might be able to help you is Auto Lavish (username jlb85 on AGO). Here's a list of the cars he has done and posted Show N' Shine's on:

According to his website, he is located in Southeast Michigan, but will travel out of state for a travel fee. Would be best to contact him for more info. Here is the link to his website.

Fine Automobile Detailing (http://autolavish.com/Autolavish_Site/Welcome.html)

EDIT: If you want to see one of the best details ever, check out the 1929 Ford Model A Roadster he detailed (listed under the first link). Absolutely amazing!

Thanks for the help. If this new guy in Missouri dosen't work out I'll contact him.

Shade Tree
10-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the contact. Just moved here and don't know anybody. I'll give him a call today and be sure to say you refered me. Thanks again. :props:

Anytime :dblthumb2: