PDA

View Full Version : Foam Mitts

RandyD
10-10-2010, 02:43 PM
How do you guys wash foam mitts such as the Schmidt foam mitt? Do you machine wash it or wash it by hand? Do you use dishwashing liquid ?

Thanks

Rsurfer
10-10-2010, 05:00 PM
How do you guys wash foam mitts such as the Schmidt foam mitt? Do you machine wash it or wash it by hand? Do you use dishwashing liquid ?

Thanks
Wash by hand with Dawn and air dry.

ScottB
10-10-2010, 06:37 PM
I washed mine in pad product and then stored to dry and stored in zip lock till next use once dried.

svs
10-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Pad product for me too. Let it soak then rinse with water and let air dry.
By the way my Schmitt is holding up, I highly doubt even a newer Schmitt would make it through a wash cycle.

RandyD
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
When you say "pad product" are you talking about something like Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner and the conditioner?

Thanks

CEE DOG
10-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I think I machine washed mine if I remember correctly but I've only used it a few times so don't know if that tears it apart over time or not.

svs
10-10-2010, 09:46 PM
When you say "pad product" are you talking about something like Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner and the conditioner?

Thanks

You could use that, I use snappy clean. Search it at the AG store. Highly recommended.

SupraTurbo94
10-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Same here.. I washed my schmitt with dawn and air dry. It's been holding up quite well.

SeaJay's
10-11-2010, 12:15 PM
I've only had to wash mine once and I used Dawn. It seems as though the scmitt stays pretty clean using the two bucket method. I haven't tackled any really dirty cars since I got it. I did get a small tear in it this weekend though. My buddy has those fake fender vents on his chrysler 300 and my mitt caught one of the pointy edges. Nothing major those. So far I really like how it holds soap and water.