Can Fusion be applied in the sun?

Dubbin1
10-10-2010, 02:31 PM
It "can" be but it shouldn't be.

Rob T
10-10-2010, 04:04 PM

I agree.

By the way, lots of people do this, but it is "fuZion" (z instead of s).

ScottB
10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I prefer to apply any/all sealants and waxes outside of direct sunlight and heat.

dbbrooks
10-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I prefer to apply any/all sealants and waxes outside of direct sunlight and heat.

Me too,:iagree: but palm trees don't offer much shade.

sportscarhiatus
10-10-2010, 07:35 PM
The golden rule should be, whenever you do ANYthing to a vehicle as far as detailing/washing/etc goes, try to do it away from direct sunlight. It not only makes it uncomfortable personally in terms of heat, but it raises the exterior (paint) and interior (dash, seats, etc) temps unnecessarily. This causes products you apply to be very difficult to remove... one time (long time ago, when I was but a rookie), a wax I used seemed to "eat" through the paint after I stupidly applied it to car that's been sitting out in the direct sun. I should have learned after I could see steam coming off of the paint after application... lol

If palm trees are your only refuge from the sun (therefore have no garage), might I suggest you purchase a canopy for those times you need to detail in the sun? They can be had for under 100 bucks.

Dubbin1
10-10-2010, 09:37 PM
The golden rule should be, whenever you do ANYthing to a vehicle as far as detailing/washing/etc goes, try to do it away from direct sunlight. It not only makes it uncomfortable personally in terms of heat, but it raises the exterior (paint) and interior (dash, seats, etc) temps unnecessarily. This causes products you apply to be very difficult to remove... one time (long time ago, when I was but a rookie), a wax I used seemed to "eat" through the paint after I stupidly applied it to car that's been sitting out in the direct sun. I should have learned after I could see steam coming off of the paint after application... lol

If palm trees are your only refuge from the sun (therefore have no garage), might I suggest you purchase a canopy for those times you need to detail in the sun? They can be had for under 100 bucks.

Thats true for most products but PoorBoys. Most of the PB stuff can be used in the sun.

sportscarhiatus
10-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Thats true for most products but PoorBoys. Most of the PB stuff can be used in the sun.

Hi Dwayne... yes, PB (and some other) products "can" be used in the sun, although it's not recommended. In fact, I think I believe I read some responds from Pockets stating that fact as well...I think it was with Liquid Natty blue. He said it "can" be used in the sun, but preference is not to... that's all I was saying.

Dubbin1
10-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi Dwayne... yes, PB (and some other) products "can" be used in the sun, although it's not recommended. In fact, I think I believe I read some responds from Pockets stating that fact as well...I think it was with Liquid Natty blue. He said it "can" be used in the sun, but preference is not to... that's all I was saying.

That's kinda why I said most ;)

Personally I would HATE to have to detail a car in the sun. I am lucky enough to have a garage to work in.

Rob T
10-10-2010, 10:58 PM

Well, I'd like to quote someone who seems to make a lot of sense on this particular issue:

;)

Dubbin1
10-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Well, I'd like to quote someone who seems to make a lot of sense on this particular issue:

;)

That was for the Fuzion not the PB products ;)

Shane731
10-10-2010, 11:35 PM
I am lucky enough to have a garage to work in.

Yeah, yeah, we've all seen your garage. You don't have to rub it in. :poke::cheers:

Rob T
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM
That was for the Fuzion not the PB products ;)

Yeah, I know, but the concept is still the same. "Can be" doesn't mean that it is the best practice.

Dubbin1
10-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah, yeah, we've all seen your garage. You don't have to rub it in. :poke::cheers:

You're just jealous of my superior metal flake :p

Yeah, I know, but the concept is still the same. "Can be" doesn't mean that it is the best practice.

I agree 100% :dblthumb2: