PDA

View Full Version : 303 wipes

kimandbrad21
10-10-2010, 12:08 PM
I used a 303 wipe on the cowl of a car, my question is why does it streak?

I applied in the shade, cool to the touch, car is in a garage surface is clean, nothing has been applied ever before.

I wiped, then let it sit, did not touch but left it there.

Any hints?

Feed back please

CEE DOG
10-10-2010, 01:46 PM
After wiping buff it completely dry a couple mintues later. 303AP works great with no streaking on a lot of vinyl, ruber, and plastics. However there are some plastics that occasionally streak with it no matter what.
On a cowl I have never seen it streak.

RTexasF
10-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Directions are the same for the liquid or the wipes.....

Application:
Spray on, wetting the surface with 303. Wipe COMPLETELY dry. Turn cloth over to a dry area (or use a second clean, dry, absorbent cloth) and polish to remove any and all excess. Following these simple instructions.getting the surface wet (not just damp) with 303, then wiping COMPLETELY dry.will give you a beautiful, like-new finish that repels soiling and stains and LASTS LONGER.

kimandbrad21
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM
sorry for the late reply, I ended up wiping the cowl with the 303 wipes, they are handy and I dont feel like im wasting product in a micro-fiber when I am using them. I did notice that they haze windows if I went a little too far off the plastic, I noticed when I applied them some areas streaked a little bit, but I left it because of time. I then wrote on here about the streaking. Well the streaking was from 24 ,hours ago, and now the cowl looks brand new.......no streaks.... matte finish..... and no shine or greasy look. beads water when I washed the car. so all in all I am very very happy with the product I bought. And I was able to use 1 wipe on two cowls. even one on a 1999 year car that the car was almost white..... its now a very deep black.... there ya go a mini review. after all was done... I wish I had pictures.

BobbyG
10-11-2010, 06:20 AM
303 Aerospace is one of those products that I've limited to interiors. It's seems to be at home there and performs adequately enough on interior vinyl and plastic surfaces.

I tried it several times on exterior plastics and wasn't thrilled with its performance or durability so anything outside gets either Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant or Poorboy's World Trim Restorer.