PDA

View Full Version : wheel wax

john b
10-10-2010, 01:06 AM
hi all not long ago i got dp polyseal on the bogo-can i use this as a wheel sealent-or get the dp wheel glaze-would there be much of a difference?Feed back please

Shade Tree
10-10-2010, 01:13 AM
hi all not long ago i got dp polyseal on the bogo-can i use this as a wheel sealent-or get the dp wheel glaze-would there be much of a difference?Feed back please

Any quality sealant will work well for the wheels ....... you COULD use either of the products you mentioned.

john b
10-10-2010, 01:29 AM
would there be difference between them as far as durability

Shade Tree
10-10-2010, 01:31 AM
would there be difference between them as far as durability

Any sealant or wax made specifically for wheels will hold up better mainly because it is likely resistant to higher temperatures (wheels get REALLY hot due to the brakes).

Matt
10-10-2010, 05:31 AM
I like to use Collinite #845 Insulator wax for the wheels because it holds up nicely to the heat. I've used a couple of sealants on the wheels so far and they haven't lasted too long on the wheels but the 845 goes for about 6 months

BobbyG
10-10-2010, 06:44 AM
Since most of the factory wheels are clear coated these days it makes perfect sense to care for them the same way you care for your cars finish.

Three of my favorite wheel care products are; Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant, DP Wheel Glaze and Collinite 845. All three are easily applied with a Microfiber pad or towel but lately I've been suing a pair of Microfiber gloves.

Microfiber gloves are made of the same material as the towels we use daily and the only difference they fit our hands nicely. Applying wheel products with them makes all the sense in the world because they allow our fingers to get into all those nooks and crannies easily and you can feel many areas without actually seeing them

ScottB
10-10-2010, 07:51 AM
you'll find the DP product works well on wheels too. While they offer a dedicated Wheel Sealant, you can certainly still use Poli-coat on them.

Mike Phillips
10-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Moved to Detailing 101

The Hot Topics and Frequently Asked Questions are for "Hot Topic Articles" and articles that answer Frequently Asked Questions, not for how-to questions...

:xyxthumbs: