PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

Pages : [1] 2

DW C6
10-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Will 3.0 sealant stain my rubber moldings and seals? Should I mask them before applying?

Dubbin1
10-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I never had a problem with it staining but I also keep it off the trim ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Laura
10-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I never had a problem with it staining but I also keep it off the trim ;)

:iagree: I haven't had a problem either, but I, too, am careful not to get it on anything other than the paint.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-09-2010, 01:12 PM
It will not.

Marc08EX
10-09-2010, 01:23 PM
It did on my plastic trim.

chief
10-09-2010, 04:23 PM
It did stain my rubber trim, but not on my plastic trim. I used back to black on plastic grille and it is BLACK!!!! Maybe that's why it had no effect on it.

agon
10-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Not to derail this thread, but I just finished putting Klasse HG Sealant on my vehicle. How does Wolfgang's sealant compare to that application wise?

I like what the Klasse did but it was such a huge pain to get it to apply easily, especially on areas like the hood and larger panels. So next time I may try the Wolfgang if it's more forgiving.

agstacker
10-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I've only applied by hand, but it was very easy and the same for removal. Just have to wait 30-40 min before buffing off.

Dubbin1
10-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Not to derail this thread, but I just finished putting Klasse HG Sealant on my vehicle. How does Wolfgang's sealant compare to that application wise?

I like what the Klasse did but it was such a huge pain to get it to apply easily, especially on areas like the hood and larger panels. So next time I may try the Wolfgang if it's more forgiving.

Yup that's derailing thread alright ;) You must be putting it on way to heavy. The DGPS is a dream to put on and remove when done in thin layers.

ScottB
10-09-2010, 09:01 PM

Klasse will last longer and IMO doesnt look as nice. Use it in a small travel size spray bottle to control, as only a little is needed.

Wolfgang is much easier to apply and remove even if over applied.

Kurt_s
10-10-2010, 01:01 AM
DGPS is very easy to apply and remove. I use a 4" red pad and my PCXP to apply a thin, even coating.

I finished a Ford Escape this afternoon and the paint is smooth as glass and slick. The silver metallic paint pops.

It does not stain non-porous plastic trim but keep it off rubber molding.

outlander
10-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Just used it yesterday on my black Outlander. Didn't have a problem. Now I have to top it with insulator wax. Getting it ready for winter

agon
10-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Klasse will last longer and IMO doesnt look as nice. Use it in a small travel size spray bottle to control, as only a little is needed.

I did try the spray bottle method with the Klasse. Great suggestion. It was much easier to apply that way but I still had a bit of residue left over. Maybe I'll try the wolfgang next time.

FASTFRED
10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
WDGPS 3.0 is some of the most user friendly sealant that I have ever used.:xyxthumbs:

Alffa164
10-24-2010, 11:43 PM

I am sorry to once again derail this thread.... I just did my first ever paint treatment on my 1998 MBenz, It took me 3 consecutive days and now i am just layering Klasse. I just did today the 3rd layer and the results are simply stunning.

Quoting killrwheels... should i try this Wolfgang sealer? I mean, if you think Klasse doesnt look as nice as Wolfgang then i missing something and this is hard to believe (for me) because i cant imaging i can get a better result other than what Klasse already has done.

Trust me... my Benz is silver and it really glows like if it has a coat of glass on top of the paint and i havent applied wax on it yet!!! (i know Mercs have a sort of ceramic clear coat though)

Sorry to jump in like this but the main reason is because i am 100% interested in the Wolfgang Concours products!

Thanks!