PDA

View Full Version : What a weekened!

Excessive Detail
11-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Actually my great weekened started on Friday, Black Friday, the day people lose their minds and sit outside of a store the night before, just to get stuff a little cheaper than it regularly costs, and to top it all off I had to work that day. What time did I get to work, 4:00 a.m., I actually woke up at 3:00 a.m., cuase I libe about 45 min away, and here is the best part I didn't get off till 10:00 p.m. that day, 18 hr work day, boy was it fun, I had so much fun that I slept all daySat, I mean all day, woke up around 7:00 pm just to eat then went back to sleep. Sunday I was still tired, but managed to clean my car, imagine that. I couldn't believe how crazy people get on that day, we almost had a few fights. All I can say is WOW, come on people. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving holiday.

:righton: AG ROCKS!

XterraOverload
11-27-2006, 10:27 AM
That's why I do my shopping ONLINE!!!!!!!

Surfer
11-27-2006, 10:47 AM
I would never wait in any of those lines, I drove by Best Buy here on Black Friday, what a friggen zoo, the line went past the main building towards the theatre complex way across the parking lot. That is rediculous, one of our family friends was there and for what she saved it wasn't even worth it IMO. Nevermind that by the time she finally got in, some things she wanted were already gone.

abrcrombe
11-27-2006, 12:34 PM
I went to the mall at 11 AM on Friday and there were some good sales still, but just about to end. Then later that night went to target and found some awesome sales. The best part is, hardly any crowds really...

dengood1
11-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Actually my great weekened started on Friday, Black Friday, the day people lose their minds and sit outside of a store the night before, just to get stuff a little cheaper than it regularly costs, and to top it all off I had to work that day. What time did I get to work, 4:00 a.m., I actually woke up at 3:00 a.m., cuase I libe about 45 min away, and here is the best part I didn't get off till 10:00 p.m. that day, 18 hr work day, boy was it fun, I had so much fun that I slept all daySat, I mean all day, woke up around 7:00 pm just to eat then went back to sleep. Sunday I was still tired, but managed to clean my car, imagine that. I couldn't believe how crazy people get on that day, we almost had a few fights. All I can say is WOW, come on people. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving holiday.

:righton: AG ROCKS!

Where do you work? Just curious:)

ScottB
11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
That's why I do my shopping ONLINE!!!!!!!

then you heard about today , correct ??? www.CyberMonday.com

Excessive Detail
11-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Where do you work? Just curious:)

Circuit City, Roadshop

Reddwarf
11-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Excessive Detail,
You bring up a point my wife I were discussing the other day. We talked about how crazy it is that people line up and camp out for the Black Friday sales and how much it must suck for the retail workers that have to be at work before 5:00 AM to let the crowds in. I feel for you!

Excessive Detail
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Excessive Detail,
You bring up a point my wife I were discussing the other day. We talked about how crazy it is that people line up and camp out for the Black Friday sales and how much it must suck for the retail workers that have to be at work before 5:00 AM to let the crowds in. I feel for you!

Yea it sucks to work that day, that was my second black friday, I heard that there were mob scenes at the nearby walmart, which I've heard happens every year at walmart. Its crazy. Our store was bugeted for close to 300,000 dollars that day and we did a little more over 500,000. I think we made our buget in before noon. Can't wait till next year.