PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal

02heritage
10-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Would like to know if Opti-Seal would be a good choice for winter protection? I have been using it the last few months but did not know how long it will really last for winter. It is so easy to apply I have been putting it on at least every other month during summer. Sometimes using optimum spray wax afterwards. Thanks for any opinions.

agstacker
10-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I plan using optiseal tomorrow. My plan is to let it cure for 24 hrs and than top it with Collinite 845 for more durability for the winter. My opinion, optiseal alone will not last.

Rsurfer
10-08-2010, 08:42 PM
I plan using optiseal tomorrow. My plan is to let it cure for 24 hrs and than top it with Collinite 845 for more durability for the winter. My opinion, optiseal alone will not last.:iagree:You can alway's add OS over 845 mid-winter.

ScottB
10-08-2010, 08:49 PM
optiseal is quite versatile, you could even add a coat over your topper as desired.

Rob T
10-08-2010, 10:00 PM
:iagree:You can alway's add OS over 845 mid-winter.

optiseal is quite versatile, you could even add a coat over your topper as desired.

Exactly to both of what these guys said.

I've done 845 IW on top of Opti-Seal myself.

builthatch
10-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Would like to know if Opti-Seal would be a good choice for winter protection? I have been using it the last few months but did not know how long it will really last for winter. It is so easy to apply I have been putting it on at least every other month during summer. Sometimes using optimum spray wax afterwards. Thanks for any opinions.

you should be fine. opti-seal is cumulative when applying in that frequency, as long as you aren't abusing the protection in-between all of those applications.

02heritage
10-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the replys. I put some optiseal on this morning, after an ONR wash. Optimum makes some really great products. I do plan on apply optiseal during the winter months as long as it is warm enough inside the garage.

Silverstone
10-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Does it look as good as WGDGPS? And does it last longer? That's what I'm currently using.

02heritage
10-09-2010, 06:32 PM
I am not able to answer that question for you. I have not used used any of the Wolfgang sealant. That is what I was looking at using pending the replys that I got back. Are you happy with the results that you get with the wolfgang?

Da Fats
10-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Does it look as good as WGDGPS? And does it last longer? That's what I'm currently using.

I think Wolfgang has a different look to it.. i like it more. But i find wolfgang "smudgey"... it finger prints REAL easy. Wolfgang is one of the more durable beauty sealants and it did very well in a durability test posted on here awhile back. I think it would out last OS... but do not think OS was used in that test so its speculation.

Dubbin1
10-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I have a hood split down the center with both opti seal and wgdgps. I can't tell a difference from the two. Oh and I have never had an issue with wgdgps and smudging.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk