PDA

View Full Version : New Autogeek TV Show ? ? ?

2old2change
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Was checking out the Masterstv.com site and came across this little tidbit of info. Looks like we may have a TV star in our ranks here on the forum.

Way to go Mike!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUTOGEEK.NET Signs as Series Entitlement Sponsor of New National Television Series “What's in the Garage”

September 24, 2010
Bristol, TN – Masters Entertainment Group, Inc. (MEG) announced today, the signing of AUTOGEEK.NET, of Stuart, FL as “Series Entitlement Sponsor” of their newest television series “What’s in the Garage”.

The thirteen (13) week series will debut on Fox Sports Network (FSN) National in the second quarter of 2011. It will be televised on Sunday’s at 11:30 A.M. and will repeat on Monday’s at 4:30 P.M. nationwide.

“We feel AUTOGEEK.NET is the perfect sponsor for this new series”, said Butch McCall, Executive Vice President of Masters. “With their years of automotive experience, knowledge of car care products and their extensive product line they can bring a high level of expertise to the program”.

“We are very pleased to be working on this new television show that take the viewers into the garages of real car enthusiasts across the country”, stated Bob McKee, Chief Executive Officer of AUTOGEEK.NET. “They demonstrate that the right products and knowhow can really transform a car, and that’s our goal at AUTOGEEK.NET

“We are very excited to be able to bring this new series to national television on FSN, and with the new host of the series Mike Phillips”, stated McCall. “Mike brings a level of knowledge of car care to the show that can be of benefit to all automotive enthusiasts”, McCall continued.

“As a “Car Guy”, I’m excited to help bring this new show to an ever growing population of fellow car enthusiasts. Traveling to new locations and checking out “What’s in the Garage” of authentic, grassroots car guys and bringing their cars and story to our viewers is going to be a blast”, said Mike Phillips, Director of Training for Autogeek.net.

If you are interested in having your car featured on “What’s in the Garage”, send an email to masters@masterstv.com telling us about your car, with a photo and your address.

:xyxthumbs:

Shade Tree
10-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Nice!

Rob T
10-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Cool.

Buckskincolt
10-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Wonder if Mike will start getting the big bucks like Charlie Sheen? LOL

C. Charles Hahn
10-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Hmm.... based on Mike's quote, this almost sounds like a clone of Barry Meguiar's "Car Crazy" series -- at least in basic premise.

BobbyG
10-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Woooooo, a celebrity! Hope we get it up here in New England! :hungry:

Impressions
10-09-2010, 05:52 AM
Way to go mike.....best of luck to you and the AG gang

a big :dblthumb2: to max also

Mike Phillips
10-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Was checking out the MastersTV.com site and came across this little tidbit of info. Looks like we may have a TV star in our ranks here on the forum.

Way to go Mike!

Well it's official, the contracts have been signed. All I can say is this is the an opportunity of a lifetime... and Max deserves all the thanks! :dblthumb2:

Here's the part that some on our forum might want to share with their friends as we're looking for cars and "Car Guys" for each of the first season's episode.

If you are interested in having your car featured on “What’s in the Garage”, send an email to masters@masterstv.com telling us about your car, with a photo and your address.

With the reach our forum has via it's members, feel free to share the link to this thread with all your friends that have a cool, rare or special interest car and a car story that would provide a lot of interest to a wide spectrum of people.

Wonder if Mike will start getting the big bucks like Charlie Sheen? LOL

I think that takes years of success to get to the big bucks like Charlie Sheen, hmm... wonder if he's a "Car Guy"?

The opportunity is the prize...

Way to go mike.....best of luck to you and the AG gang

a big :dblthumb2: to max also

Thanks Robert...

:xyxthumbs:

loudog2
10-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Congrats Mike!!! It just goes to show that working hard and paying your dues works out in the end. Will the show play nationally? I know FSN is usually regional with sports games.

IID
10-09-2010, 09:44 AM
:applause:I'm sure the series will be a hit!:applause:

The BEST OF LUCK to you Mike.:dblthumb2:

tuscarora dave
10-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Congratulations Mike and Auto Geek!! I am thinking that this might do a lot to educate the general public on what true auto detailing really is. If so I would think it will be helping the industry as a whole. I look forward to seeing the show.

09I30cw
10-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Way to go guys!!Hope we can get the show in Canada.

C. Charles Hahn
10-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Here's the part that some on our forum might want to share with their friends as we're looking for cars and "Car Guys" for each of the first season's episode.

With the reach our forum has via it's members, feel free to share the link to this thread with all your friends that have a cool, rare or special interest car [I]and a car story that would provide a lot of interest to a wide spectrum of people.

I'll talk to my uncle and see if he can convince his neighbor to get in touch with you guys; he's got an all original, un-restored 1956 Corvette with 80k miles on it that has been in his family since brand new. Evidently his grandfather bought the car and before he died, had some sort of legal document drawn up that says the car cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to anyone other than one of his direct descendants.

The sad thing is the owner does not show the car much if at all, even though he does drive it on weekends when the weather is good. My uncle has been trying to convince him to let me detail the car and teach him how to wash it properly since from what I'm told he uses a hose and bucket *while the top is down* and gets water all over the interior as well.

Either way, I think it's a cool story about a cool car, that happens to be in Grand Rapids, MI (also the home of the storied Berger Chevrolet -- so you could probably find some other enthusiasts in the area with some cool 60s muscle cars).

I think that takes years of success to get to the big bucks like Charlie Sheen, hmm... wonder if he's a "Car Guy"?

Charlie Sheen was on an episode of "Overhaulin'" with Chip Foose once working on a GTO for one of his friends; from what they made it sound like he is a bit of a car guy. :props: