PDA

View Full Version : Steam Cleaner or Carpet Extractor?

ShineTimeDetail
10-08-2010, 12:49 AM
I've never used a steam cleaner and I'm not even sure of everything you can use a steam cleaner for. I did purchase a Mytee lite carpet extractor and was not very satisfied with it so I sold it. The only thing I liked was the super hot water. But for the money it wasn't anything spectacular. Also the suction wasn't what I thought it should be.(I used my shop vac to suck up the cleaner) So what do you guys suggest? What kind of steam cleaners do you guys use?

Also I have a hard time cleaning newer fabric seats in cars. I have no problems with carpets but cant get seat the best. Any suggestions on tools and detergents to use on it. For carpets I use lightning stain spot extractor from chem guys with my cyclo

rakkvet
10-08-2010, 01:43 AM
I use encapsulation chemicals on seats and carpeting. Stuff like Encapuclean and Scotlabs Foamdry2x.

GaryD
10-08-2010, 06:02 AM
I've never used a steam cleaner and I'm not even sure of everything you can use a steam cleaner for. I did purchase a Mytee lite carpet extractor and was not very satisfied with it so I sold it. The only thing I liked was the super hot water. But for the money it wasn't anything spectacular. Also the suction wasn't what I thought it should be.(I used my shop vac to suck up the cleaner) So what do you guys suggest? What kind of steam cleaners do you guys use?

Also I have a hard time cleaning newer fabric seats in cars. I have no problems with carpets but cant get seat the best. Any suggestions on tools and detergents to use on it. For carpets I use lightning stain spot extractor from chem guys with my cyclo

u mentioned cloth seat cleaning, the vapor steam cleaner does very good on cloth seats. Before I got steamer I wouldn't even charge a client for cloth seat cleaning cause I like you had a hard time getting them cleaned. I mainly use my steamer for cloth/ leather seats, carpet, dash and door panels if they are very dirty. It does very good on carpet floor mats also. VX 5000 is what I currently use.

egilrobert01
10-13-2010, 04:08 AM
I think before buying the machine you must try it.

Klink10
10-13-2010, 05:20 AM
vx5000 for me also. Extract with a Rigid wet/dry vac.