PDA

View Full Version : Power supply?

MrHandWash
10-07-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure which route to go... can I run an inverter off of my vehicle to power my buffers/DA's? i'm planning on going with a gas powered PSI washer, I just know I could save at least $400+ by getting an inverter.

I'm going to also have my steam cleaner/carpet shampooer (needs power) and my reclaim system (needs power), ozone generator (needs power).

I'd really hate to put myself in a position where I'd kill my vehicles battery because I'm going to be mobile. I'm planning on running a truck though... so I am debating on what makes a decent room set up.

Do the majority of customers asking for a service when you're mobile ask you to come to their work? or would I not have to worry about that (residential clients only? I know some people don't mind you using their power, but will I run into people being ticked off or thinking I'm unprofessional for not having my own power source?

Scott DeBrun
10-07-2010, 03:31 PM
You could try a trailer with a generator to power you tools. Just have enough gas in the gas can to keep it going.

Mike Phillips
10-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Moved to Detailing 101

The Hot Topics and Frequently Asked Questions are for "Hot Topic Articles" and articles that answer Frequently Asked Questions, not for how-to questions...

:xyxthumbs: