PDA

View Full Version : Tips for smoke infested windows?

MrHandWash
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Looking for a non-ammonia based glass cleaner, or really any solution that cleans interior glass well.

I already know that waffle high weave microfiber towels work wonders, but sometimes I've gotten in cars where standard car glass cleaners don't work, as well as a natural concentrate product the car wash I work at uses called "Orange Crush."

I sometimes find, especially on cars with really bad smoke damage (cigarretes) There are still microscopic streaks left. A lot of the time the rear defroster window is almost impossible to get streak free.

Once I start up independant, I'm looking for references or advice on products that work well.

Scott DeBrun
10-07-2010, 10:36 AM
DP Krystal Vision glass cleaner works great.:dblthumb2:

Showroom Shine
10-07-2010, 10:44 AM
steam has worked very good for me. No chemical needed. Steam and wipe. Even removes dog slobber!

FastZR1
10-07-2010, 10:47 AM
steam has worked very good for me. No chemical needed. Steam and wipe. Even removes dog slobber!

What if the window has some tint on it? I would think steam would do a number on the tint, and that's not a good number.

loudog2
10-07-2010, 11:17 AM
For tough hazed windows, espeacially smoke haze, a amonia based cleaner works best. I would not use it on tinted window. If the windows are tinted use the DP or diamondite.

zliegen
10-07-2010, 11:26 AM
I have never encountered a smoke hazed window that either stoners invisible glass or 91% isopropyl couldn't handle.

MrHandWash
10-07-2010, 12:36 PM
I'll be sure to check those products out. For descrepency reasons he won't tell me that product. *shrugs. He acts like it's a god send, when it's really not -.-

zliegen
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I'll be sure to check those products out. For descrepency reasons he won't tell me that product. *shrugs. He acts like it's a god send, when it's really not -.-
Stoners invisible glass is only like $3.5 at walmart and a bottle has lasted me a while, it only takes two to three sprays to do one side of a filfthy windshield with a good waffleweave.

GaryD
10-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I use steam. I sometimes take a glass microfiber, the blue one, slightly dampen it will water, spray invisible glass on it, wipe glass, come right behind it with dry glass microfiber.

ScottB
10-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Plexus can be used on tinted windows and has some polishing ability. I personally would use Stoners Invisible Glass and use liberally and allow to dwell abit as it cuts thru grease and such too.

Cliffnopus
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
I use Plexus on my two front tinted windows (interior) and Stoners Invisible Glass on all others. Works well.

Cliff

MrHandWash
10-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Gotcha, I'll have to get some of those products and see what I prefer for back windows.

Mike Phillips
10-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Moved to Detailing 101

The Hot Topics and Frequently Asked Questions are for "Hot Topic Articles" and articles that answer Frequently Asked Questions, not for how-to questions...

:xyxthumbs: