PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wax to aid in drying.

Pages : [1] 2

Rsurfer
10-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Anyone use this method?

Setec Astronomy
10-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Although it sounds like a great idea, it never really works out for me. I always feel like I'm diluting the product, I never know if I'm applying enough (because I'm not sure if I'm wiping around product or water)...I always wind up drying the car first and then using the spray wax...this goes for DG AW too.

builthatch
10-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Anyone use this method?

i have.

though i like using optimum instant detailer at 4:1 so much better. i know OID doesn't offer protection (it sure offers slickness and shine!) but i'd rather protect with OS and upkeep by drying with OID.

i haven't had much luck with OCW. it's one of the few optimum items that doesn't always cooperate.

Rsurfer
10-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Although it sounds like a great idea, it never really works out for me. I always feel like I'm diluting the product, I never know if I'm applying enough (because I'm not sure if I'm wiping around product or water)...I always wind up drying the car first and then using the spray wax...this goes for DG AW too.
:iagree: Feel the same way. Alway's dried first before using OCW or AW. Just wanted to know if anyone liked using OCW as a drying aid.

Dieseldan
10-07-2010, 01:17 AM
i think i would rather finish with OCW instead of using it to dry

CEE DOG
10-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Ron, I've done it both ways. Personally I think I prefer to use OCW after drying. I didn't have any issues with doing it while drying though.

Meghan
10-07-2010, 07:44 AM
I actually always use a detailer when drying the vehicle I find it helps out a lot and leaves a nice shine. My drying tools are Guzzler and DP Final Gloss!

ScottB
10-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Use the Optimum Quick Detailer versus their Car Wax as its a better drying aid and adds alot of gloss too.

Old Tiger
10-07-2010, 06:30 PM
i have.

though i like using optimum instant detailer at 4:1 so much better. i know OID doesn't offer protection (it sure offers slickness and shine!) but i'd rather protect with OS and upkeep by drying with OID.

i haven't had much luck with OCW. it's one of the few optimum items that doesn't always cooperate.
I live in a high humidity region. IME OCW was very fickle in high heat & humidity. I have much better results with DG AW or 4 Star wet or dry. New Diamondite is killer good wet or dry too and its BOGO until tomorrow! IMO water based sealant sprays work best for drying aids.

BillyJack
10-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I've been using Griot's spray wax when drying a car that I want to give a little boost to the wax. Works great IMO.

Bill

pfix
10-07-2010, 06:54 PM
I use it after the car is dry. I feel like I have more control over the product this way and I don't want to get the wax in my good WW drying towels.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-07-2010, 06:57 PM
this goes for DG AW too.
Isn't it named aqua for a reason? If anything, the instructions say to use when drying. Not that it won't work great on a dry surface as well.

Bert31
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Isn't it named aqua for a reason? If anything, the instructions say to use when drying. Not that it won't work great on a dry surface as well.

I assumed the aqua was in terms of how it makes the paint look wet???

RaskyR1
10-08-2010, 09:43 AM
i have.

Same here! Though it doesn't seem to work well with Opti-Coat on the car now.

Setec Astronomy
10-08-2010, 09:44 AM

I assumed the aqua was in terms of how it makes the paint look wet???

It's specifically labeled as a (step-saving) drying aid (dry and wax at the same time). I simply prefer, for reasons that myself and others have mentioned, to use it after drying, which is the alternate method stated on the product label.