PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FMJ

Pages : [1] 2

Scott DeBrun
10-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Has Menzerna discontinued FMJ? I can't find it on the internet and if they have please suggest an altrenative because I really like FMJ.:dunno:

aznwhip
10-07-2010, 01:31 PM
You'll be hard pressed to find any FMJ left anywhere now that Menzerna released Powerlock as their new sealant.

Scott DeBrun
10-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Is powerlock as good as FMJ and what is your opinion of wolfgangs paint sealant?

artofdetailing
10-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Wgdgps is unbelievable!!

Scott DeBrun
10-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Sounds like I may have to give good ole wolfy a try.:xyxthumbs:

artofdetailing
10-07-2010, 02:51 PM
On the life of my cars battery...you will not be the least bit disappointed. I detailed my dads car this weekend and he skipped the first quarter of the nfl games because he wanted to just look at his mercedes AMG. Remember to apply THIN THIN THIN. a little bit goes a long way

A4 1.8tqm
10-07-2010, 02:54 PM
FWIW, FMJ was not made by Menzerna, just labeled with their name. FMJ seemed to have a bad rep for durability which is why (I assume) Menzerna came out with their own sealant, Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-power-lock-sealant.html). Many positive reviews and I'm sure they want to keep their good name intact. I would definitely try it out, but have to get through some products before buying more, let us know your opinion if you do! :xyxthumbs:

BTW, I use Wolfgang DGPS too, it's great!

ScottB
10-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Worthy challengers would be Menzerna Powerlock, Wolfgang Concours, DP Policoat, and even Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection. I suspect you will find all just if not more rewarding.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-07-2010, 07:03 PM
FWIW, FMJ was not made by Menzerna, just labeled with their name. FMJ seemed to have a bad rep for durability which is why (I assume) Menzerna USA came out with their own sealant, Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-power-lock-sealant.html). Many positive reviews and I'm sure they want to keep their good name intact. I would definitely try it out, but have to get through some products before buying more, let us know your opinion if you do! :xyxthumbs:

BTW, I use Wolfgang DGPS too, it's great!
Fixed :xyxthumbs:

Scott DeBrun
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
It sounds like I'm going to have to give Wolfgang a try. A quick question: What is the cure time on Wolfgang and can I put a nice coat of carnuaba overit? Ok so that's two questions.:buffing:

WRAPT C5Z06
10-07-2010, 07:11 PM
It sounds like I'm going to have to give Wolfgang a try. A quick question: What is the cure time on Wolfgang and can I put a nice coat of carnuaba overit? Ok so that's two questions.:buffing:Give it a shot, very easy to use, durable, and looks good. 12 hour cure time, and yes, you can absolutely top it with a carnauba wax. :xyxthumbs: What color is your car?

Scott DeBrun
10-07-2010, 07:24 PM
07-Z-oh-6 it's a 2010 F150 Lariat candy apple red metallic. Will wolfgang give me longer protection than FMJ?

artofdetailing
10-07-2010, 07:27 PM
You mean powerlock? They dont make FMJ anymore. Powerlock is great and so is wolfgang. Buy both and do a product test for yourself and let us know the results.

Scott DeBrun
10-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Artofdetailing that's a great idea maybe tomorrow's BOGO will help me out.:dblthumb2:

artofdetailing
10-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Im the MAN