PDA

View Full Version : hello from Quebec

sunstealth
10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
so i just discovered the autogeek forum after having been for a little while on meguiar's online and autopia forums and lurking around, i discovered this more complete forums.

My name is Mario and I am from Quebec province, north shore of Montreal. Always had an interest in keeping my cars top shape and realised a wash&wax didn't remove all the marring winter induces.

long story short, i bought a rotary on clearance at a local hardware store , the thing was not bad and i tryed a buff with turtle wax rubbing compound and the supplied pad, all on a black 1999 grand am, total and miserable fail.

learned from my error, bought a pad set and meguiars products, tried again, was better but i burned trough the clear coat and the rotary motor died.

i then went to canadian tire and bought the simoniz rotary that was on sale with the money back from the broken tool

2 year standby...... to a month ago

had to polish a 2008 nighthawk black pearl civic (girlfriend's car) and i borrowed a PC 7424, not a bad tool but still i prefer the rotary feel. The civic was swirl free when i finished.

did a 2009 white pearl subaru WRX 3 days after, it was a full detail but only a wash & wax due to budget (and the paint was near perfect)

last week was a deciding factor on my technique, black F250 king ranch, spiderweb,swirls and scratched all over (my uncle truck) i did a test with my products, the truck was 50% better but not good enough for me, i told him to wait till october 10th.

yesterday i had a friend with a white 2004 come over to polish his car, made a deal with him, buy me stuff and I wont charge you a dime to polish/detail it!

so now i have a new 3M eggshell black polishing pad, presta ultra cutting creme, presta chroma swirl remover and I bought myself a wool pad and ordered a pint of M105

im going to include a picture of the difference on my friends corolla paint.

keep in mind the car was washed twice before!

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3900/051010069.jpg

Mike Phillips
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
so i just discovered the autogeek forum after having been for a little while on meguiar's online and autopia forums and lurking around, i discovered this more complete forums.

Hi Mario,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

A lot of what you've posted is kind of the norm as all of us have ventured into detailing knowing nothing or very little and then with the help of those that have gone before us learned more without having to make the same old mistakes.

We pride ourselves in being able to provide real-world information that has one goal and that's to ensure you're successful in your garage. This was my philosophy when I ran Meguiar's Online and posted to Autopia and now it's the standard protocol here on AGO

I think you'll like it here...

:xyxthumbs:

Meghan
10-07-2010, 08:15 AM
:welcome:

TheGLL
10-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Welcome! :caflag:

I'm from north shore of Montreal to.

Shade Tree
10-07-2010, 10:07 AM
:welcome:

sunstealth
10-07-2010, 11:13 AM
thank you :) and theGLL where are you from ? i am from blainville !