PDA

View Full Version : New Car Protection Assistance

veeko
10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey guys, I've got my second customer lined up for Saturday morning. The customer just purchased a brand new 4 door VW Golf and is interested in my 'New Car Protection' package.

My package consists of the following;

Hand wash (2 bucket method)
Wheel wash (2 bucket method)
Tires dressed
Exterior window wipe
Water blown out from exterior trims & crevices
Paint is cleansed
Paint is sealed (4-6 months of protection)
Exterior trim is treated with protectant
Interior is treated with protectant
Wheels and exhaust tips are sealed

The part I require some assistance with is paint cleansing. I like the idea of using an AIO for that particular part and that's what I'll be using. I currently have Klasse AIO and XMT360. I'm thinking it would be better to use Klasse AIO since it's an acrylic, is less abrasive than XMT 360, and can be instantly topped with a sealant.

Looking for some recommendations on how to properly apply an AIO such as the two that I've mentioned using my PC 7424XP. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I am going to assume I can use an LC polishing/finishing green pad for either of those products. I am unsure of machine speed, amount of pressure and how many section passes to do when using an AIO product since I'm not doing any corrective polishing.

Thanks for your help.

Lu.

Mike Phillips
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Looking for some recommendations on how to properly apply an AIO such as the two that I've mentioned using my PC 7424XP. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I am going to assume I can use an LC polishing/finishing green pad for either of those products.

I am unsure of machine speed
amount of pressure
and how many section passes to do when using an AIO product since I'm not doing any corrective polishing.

Thanks for your help.

Lu.

You can use the green polishing pad, this one,

The different types of foam formulas in the CCS Smart Foam Pad Line (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/wool-foam-buffing-pads/29312-different-types-foam-formulas-ccs-smart-foam-pad-line.html)

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/6inchccsgreen.jpg
Green Polishing/Finishing Foam 6.5 inch
Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.

This won't offer a lot of correcting ability but if the paint is in good shape then together with the XMT 360 or Klasse AIO it will offer plenty of cleaning ability to prep the paint for application of your LSP

As for speed, usually you want to be on the 5.0 speed setting and work the paint like you would for light correction, 4-6 section passes for each section you work and overlap a little into the previous section when you move onto new territory.

Medium but firm pressure and use an ample amount of product.

Check this out...

How much product do I use with my DA Polisher? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/26962-how-much-product-do-i-use-my-da-polisher.html)

Use an "ample" amount of product
When I say use an ample amount of product this means don’t use too much product and don’t use to little product.

From The Free Dictionary.com

am·ple
adjective

1. Of large or great size, amount, extent, or capacity: an ample living room.

a. Large in degree, kind, or quantity: an ample reward.
b. More than enough: ample evidence.

3. Fully sufficient to meet a need or purpose: had ample food for the party.

:)

veeko
10-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Great info Mike and thanks again for answering all of my questions. I'll be using WG DGPS as my LSP. With that being said and knowing that I would like to instantly top the AIO with WG DGPS does it make a difference whether I use Klasse AIO or XMT 360. Would you recommend one over the other for this particular application?

Mike Phillips
10-06-2010, 11:54 AM
does it make a difference whether I use Klasse AIO or XMT 360. Would you recommend one over the other for this particular application?

The XMT 360 offers much more correction ability than the Klasse AIO, so evaluate the condition of the paint and do a test spot.

If you can get the results you want using the least aggressive product, (the Klasse AIO), then that would be a good way to go...

Along these lines...

"Use the least aggressive product to get the job done" (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/28505-use-least-aggressive-product-get-job-done.html)

:)

veeko
10-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Will do. Very helpful info!

Now from a stand point of cleansing using a prewax cleaner looking for the same info from my initial post.

-machine speed (assumption - 3-4)
-amount of pressure (assumption - light)
-amount of section passes (assumption - 2-3)

??

Thank you once again.

veeko
10-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Now from a stand point of cleansing using a prewax cleaner with no correction ability, i'm looking for the same info.

-machine speed (assumption - 3-4)
-amount of pressure (assumption - light)
-amount of section passes (assumption - 2-3)

??

Thank you once again.

anyone?

Dr Oldz
10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
I always use prewax cleaners by hand!! It seem to work best by hand for me altho more time consuming in your situation! P21s gloss enhancing paintwork cleanser works awesome for me and truly does enhance the gloss! Easy to use...... Not the answer you are looking for but I just figured I would throw it in there! But...I did use it with a PC a few times on 4 with very light pressure and about 4 section passes! It worked great but I would say hand application still looks better IMO for pre wax cleaners!