PDA

View Full Version : Clay recommendations

Pages : [1] 2

jcarson112
10-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Just wanted some opinions on the different types of clay...

Looking at the Meguiars and probably just other medium clays.

What do you guys use, prefer, have good luck with. Am not happy with Griot's and looking to make a change.

builthatch
10-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Just wanted some opinions on the different types of clay...

Looking at the Meguiars and probably just other medium clays.

What do you guys use, prefer, have good luck with. Am not happy with Griot's and looking to make a change.

i LOVE pinnacle poly clay. i'm not a big house brand guy but this is an item they made right!

i've also had success with clay magic and meguiars white. i'm not a fan of aggressive clays.

the only time i ever used griots clay i found it to be very messy. the yellow was getting stuck to the edge of a clear brah on a ferrari and was a major pain to remove.

Shade Tree
10-05-2010, 11:51 PM
I've used the Wolfgang clay from AGO and thought it was fine. I tend to use outside brands though.

builthatch
10-05-2010, 11:59 PM
I've used the Wolfgang clay from AGO and thought it was fine. I tend to use outside brands though.

i've seen where people have mentioned that the wolfgang clay is more aggressive than the pinnacle ultra poly (which isn't hard to be - the ultra poly is very fine). at first i thought they were using the same poly clay but different colors per brand, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

OP regular clay magic (blue) might be up your alley. i missed the part re: medium clays.

Shade Tree
10-06-2010, 12:05 AM
i've seen where people have mentioned that the wolfgang clay is more aggressive than the pinnacle ultra poly (which isn't hard to be - the ultra poly is very fine). at first i thought they were using the same poly clay but different colors per brand, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

OP regular clay magic (blue) might be up your alley. i missed the part re: medium clays.

:iagree:

OP:
You could also check into the OTC Meguiars or Mothers brand clays. They are medium grade at best and work as well as anything else in a pinch. You also get the luber with it so not such a bad deal if you need it .....

jcarson112
10-06-2010, 01:35 AM
I have thought about some OTC meguiars clays for temp, unless I get good results from it...

Could I maybe get a PM with some info about what you prefer? That is if that's legal around here.

Also thanks for the current recommendations.

Dubbin1
10-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Clay Magic or Megs would be a good choice.

Shade Tree
10-06-2010, 09:45 AM
I have thought about some OTC meguiars clays for temp, unless I get good results from it...

Could I maybe get a PM with some info about what you prefer? That is if that's legal around here.

Also thanks for the current recommendations.

PMd :xyxthumbs:

Bunky
10-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I like Mothers over Meg's because I like Showtime much better than the Meg's QD and you get a bit more clay. The clay feels different (Mothers seems more pliable to me) but work about the same.

TornadoRed
10-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I like Mothers over Meg's because I like Showtime much better than the Meg's QD and you get a bit more clay. The clay feels different (Mothers seems more pliable to me) but work about the same.

I like Showtime and the MF that comes with the kit.

Shade Tree
10-06-2010, 11:52 AM

Besides the fact that the cinnamon scent smells good enough to eat ....... :props:

SupraTurbo94
10-06-2010, 12:31 PM
I just got my Mothers Clay kit from AG. Comes with Showtime, TWO clay bars and a microfiber..

Mothers California Gold Clay Bar - Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System, detailing clay bar, 2 clay bars (http://www.autogeek.net/motcalgolcla.html)

jcarson112
10-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I think I'll swing by the store to pick up the Mothers for now. But I am def looking into that recommendation ShadeTree.

Thanks all.

Shade Tree
10-06-2010, 01:47 PM
I think I'll swing by the store to pick up the Mothers for now. But I am def looking into that recommendation ShadeTree.

Thanks all.

GL & please keep us posted ....... :dblthumb2:

sal329
10-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Meg white clay for a maintained vehicle, claymagic blue for a lil more bite and meg red for real aggressive work. I just used bilt hamber reg for the first time and will be purchasing more of this clay.