PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaning and Protecting

CLipster
10-05-2010, 08:46 AM
I know this has most likely been touched on, but what would be a natural shine-type cleaner/protector for the interior?

My car has the ebony black interior with the two-tone pleather seats.

Can the product also be applied to help keep the seat protected in the same way as the rest of the interior or would that be separate product?

thanks to all who chime in.

I love this place!!Feed back please

Shade Tree
10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Lexol products clean really well & dry to a natural type finish

zliegen
10-05-2010, 09:00 AM
DP interior cleaner / DP interior protectant are great. I usually don't need to use interior cleaner unless the surface is really dirty, and then I still dilute it 1:1, its strong stuff! When I used it full strength on a dyed surface I noticed some color exchange, though this is normal with strong any cleaner. Thats why I dilute it before use now, works great and now its more cost effective too!

Generally though DP protectant and a damp MF gets the job done without needing to pull out the big guns. DP interior protectant leaves a nice matte shine that slightly darkens the surface and lasts for a few weeks in my experience. ITS NOT GREASY! I haven't noticed it causing any more dust buildup than normal.

S2K
10-05-2010, 09:02 AM
One of my favorites is 303AP but there are a lot of good products out there and a lot of time it's a matter of opinion what you like best.

Scott DeBrun
10-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I like Jorgens cow spit leather cleaner topped off by Jorgens leather conditioner. Wolfgang's leather conditioner is also a good product. For a satin finish on plastic interior pieces Wolfgang's or Griots is very good. I use turtle wax ice interior cleaner on my plastic.

AeroCleanse
10-05-2010, 10:53 AM
1z Cockpit Premium