PDA

View Full Version : So My Pressure Washer(s) Keep Dying??

ShineTimeDetail
10-04-2010, 02:42 PM
So in my trailer I have a pressure washer and a pump to pump the water out of a tank. When I'm using my pressure washer everything is fine but when I let off the trigger a few seconds later the pressure washer dies....I pulled the unit out and stuck my dads pressure washer in. Well today the same problem is occuring. His pressure washer in newly used so I don't know what to think. Is it just because the pump is putting to much to the pressure washer or something wrong with the units? Thanks in advanced folks!

The pump is a harbor freight pummp wanna say its 300 gph.

A4 1.8tqm
10-05-2010, 04:48 PM
The pump is a harbor freight pump wanna say its 300 gph.

Well there's your problem! You bought something that has a power cord from Harbor Freight! LOL Sorry, not much help... (haven't had much luck with anything that "plugs in" that came from HF).

What do you mean it dies? The first time you pull the trigger it works, then next time it doesn't? My PW stops every time you let off the trigger, starts again when you pull the trigger again. :dunno:

ShineTimeDetail
10-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I can pressure wash all day but if let off the trigger within 5_ 10 seconds. The whole unit shuts down. Then I hae to restart it.

BobbyG
10-05-2010, 06:19 PM
It sounds like the pump unloader valve. Try to turn the pressure down on the unloader if it's adjustable.

Some information

Installing Unloader Valves Safely (http://www.the-power-washer-advisor.com/unloader_valve.html)

04Si
10-05-2010, 09:10 PM
maybe your pump is pumping to hard and loading down the pressure washer pump when you shut off the wand?
They do make unloaders that will just allow the water to bypass when you release the wand. You can either let it spew around your pressure washer or reclaim it back to your tank.