PDA

View Full Version : How To: Remove Bugs Safely

Pages : [1] 2

sullysdetailing
10-03-2010, 08:29 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_wE8TBWE0U]YouTube - How To: Remove Bugs Safely[/video]

VR8
10-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Good info Sully, but it's such a quiet video, and not really a video at all. ;)

Never the less, I may have to try the Poor Boy's product.

CEE DOG
10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Thank you Sully. Do you soak your bug and tar pad first to soften it up? I use my sponge only when I'm washing the car and I let it soak while I'm using my mitt. I just pull the bug sponge out for the bugs or stubborn spots.

sullysdetailing
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Thank you Sully. Do you soak your bug and tar pad first to soften it up? I use my sponge only when I'm washing the car and I let it soak while I'm using my mitt. I just pull the bug sponge out for the bugs or stubborn spots.

I do it to soft the bugs and remove the bug bodies so they don't get stuck in my sponge.

car-detailing
01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks for this! I always have trouble with getting the bugs off!

Dr Oldz
01-06-2011, 09:31 PM
3 to 1 = 10.6 oz bug squash 21.4 oz water???

I came up with 8 oz bug squash to 24 oz water!!!

Maybe note that typo!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-06-2011, 09:44 PM
You should add to the video to let the bug sponge soak in water prior to using.

If a person were to see your video on Youtube and follow your directions they would surely marr the finish...

James K
01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
That bug sponge has always scared me. Do they really work without marring?

IID
01-06-2011, 09:56 PM

You have to soak the bug sponge like mentioned and also don't put alot of pressure on the sponge while scrubbing.

James K
01-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Ok. Like I said, they have always scared me, but living in Florida, the lovebugs are HORRENDOUS!

WRAPT C5Z06
01-07-2011, 12:52 AM
You should add to the video to let the bug sponge soak in water prior to using.

If a person were to see your video on Youtube and follow your directions they would surely marr the finish...
:iagree:

sullysdetailing
01-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Yes, let it soak in your wash boucket and you are good to go. Poorboy's Bug Squash does a great job loosening the bugs from the paint, so there is no need to scrub hard with the brush

Perfections
01-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Another + for poorboys bug squash that stuff rocks, but if I can't buy it in gallons I don't buy it, unless it's wax :)

cnfowler
01-12-2011, 11:42 AM

Max himself uses it on his Corvette. I can assure you, it doesn't marr the finish if used correctly. I've been using one for over a year and it works flawlessly. I found the key is to use it with warm water. Cold water doesn't soften it up. Warm/hot water and it is super soft.

Colin

Mike Phillips
01-12-2011, 11:48 AM

It's always a good idea to test first, especially if you think you have a car with an older soft single stage paint, but that's pretty rare now days...

I haven't seen them harm clear coat paints... of course, use good technique.

:)