PDA

View Full Version : I Just Don't Believe What I Did Yesterday!!

ShineTimeDetail
10-03-2010, 12:13 PM
So I got new products recently and I put all my supplies in new squeeze bottles but didn't have a sharpy to label them(So you may see where this is going!) Any ways I cleaned, clay bared, polished, glazed, "Sealed" and waxed my car yesterday. Well When I went to apply the sealant(Which was a new product) I applied some on the pads and I thought to myself; "That looks weird, its kinda runny." I continued to apply a thin coat to the entire vehicle then I applied a wax over top. And man that car was lookin sharp!! So I got in my car to move it to take pictures and when I got in the car I saw a bottle with white liquid in it. I thought to my self; "Wth is that?!" MF! Thats the sealant!! So I found out I applied interior dressing to my whole car!!! My heart dropped because I knew I was going to have to do this all over again. Moral of the story- Label you products!!!

If I leave my car this way for a day or 2 will it affect the paint or do I have to strip everything down immediately?

dougaross
10-03-2010, 12:22 PM
It may turn itself inside out.

ShineTimeDetail
10-03-2010, 12:26 PM
It may turn itself inside out.

LOL funny man eh?

Shane731
10-03-2010, 12:43 PM
So are you having baked beans or dog food for supper? :laughing:

Well, that was a "Gosh I can't believe I did that" moment, it's not the end of the world. Although I have to admit it's pretty gosh darn funny. :D Just go over it with a good paint cleaner to strip it, and then reapply your sealant (making sure it is the sealant) and wax. Should be good to go. :xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
10-03-2010, 01:09 PM
You're fine. 303 products used to (probably still does) have a video at their website of machine applying regular 303 protectant to vehicles by as an LSP. You may not get the longevity you would have if you had used your sealant, but IMO you now have your wax over a PDMS sealant base.

Rob T
10-03-2010, 01:13 PM
LOL funny man eh?

I think he was being serious.

What he means is that the wax you put on top may have the effect of having the interior dressing migrate to the top of the wax.

I wouldn't chance it though. I would definitely strip it and start over as you may have bonding issues.

Dubbin1
10-03-2010, 01:27 PM
So what kind of sealant and interior protectant did you use?

C. Charles Hahn
10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Well, at least your LSP didn't turn your trim white! :D

dougaross
10-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I think he was being serious.

What he means is that the wax you put on top may have the effect of having the interior dressing migrate to the top of the wax.

I wouldn't chance it though. I would definitely strip it and start over as you may have bonding issues.

Actually I was being facetious. However, the migration you suggest is certainly possible depending bonding

oldmodman
10-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Could be worse.

Imagine Maxwax on your seats (cloth, of course).

Quattro3.2
10-03-2010, 06:02 PM
I feel ya. I ordered some CG citrus wash and gloss and some CG butterwax. They are the same color and constituency. Well they screwed up and sent me two bottles of the wash and gloss. I waxed my entire car and my buddies with the car wash. I felt a bit like a heel when I had to tell my buddy what happened.

Needless to say I double check all of my products. He still makes fun of me to this day. Lesson learned

ShineTimeDetail
10-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Its from Chem Guys...I use the medium shine dressing and 3x carnuba sealant but no sealant lol just the butter wax...I was thinking that the wax prob. didn't cure or stick to the paint because of the protectant.

CEE DOG
10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry about the trouble but thanks for posting it! Thats a great story

ShineTimeDetail
10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
LOL Hey live and learn!

killrflake
10-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm sure we all have stories of stupid thing we have done but rather not tell anyone about. Some things are better left unsaidhttp://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.