PDA

View Full Version : Spray head that can handle Megs WB?

WRAPT C5Z06
10-03-2010, 12:05 PM
I used a gray(meguiars) chemical resistant spray head, and it stopped working after just 2 uses with WB!! Any recommendations?

Lasthope05
10-03-2010, 12:46 PM
It's always a good idea to rinse out your sprayer with water after using WB to help prolong the its life. But to answer your question, there is the spraymaster spray bottle which is a heavy duty chemical resistant sprayer that has a 5 year guarantee against failure. They are about $5 a pop and you can get them at AG or locally at homedepot in the gardening section.

Alex Boyce
10-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Awesome I'm gonna have to try those. I've been through about 6 "chemical resistant " sprayer heads.

Chris Thomas
10-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Pressurized is the way to go. I use half gallon Spraymasters and have never had one issue. Viton seals are necessary for the triggers, but once you use a pump up, you will never go back.

evilwrx
10-04-2010, 06:17 AM
I have destroyed a Spraymaster sprayer with WB at 4 to 1 in 2 weeks. Since them I always rinse out the sprayer after each use.

Chris Thomas
10-04-2010, 10:20 AM
I must be terribly lucky then. I have had it in a spray master for about 6 months. I never rinse it and never release the pressure. It works perfectly every time I use it. I also have the Meg's 32oz bottle from AGO with the Foaming sprayer head they sell. It only gets used a couple of times a month, but never gets rinsed and it still works fine as well. I wonder what the deal is for you guys.

feslope
10-04-2010, 11:16 AM
What is "WB" ?

RaskyR1
10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I have yet to try a good sprayer that can withstand acid wheel cleaners over the long run...and I'm far too lazy to rinse them out after each use. :D

Shane731
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
What is "WB" ?

Meguiars Wheel Brightener is a professional grade wheel cleaner for factory coated wheels! Meguiars wheel cleaner and brightener makes coated wheels (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-wheel-brightener.html)

feslope
10-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks Shane

WRAPT C5Z06
10-04-2010, 10:19 PM
and I'm far too lazy to rinse them out after each use. :D
You AND me. :laughing:

D_Nyholm
05-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I just had my spraymaster go out after about 4 months using wheel brightener. Does anyone know how to get the replacement? I searched online for spraymaster and the only hits on the first pages were places to buy it :(
I have 3 of them, I might just swap one out and make sure I remember to rinse it after use unless it is very easy to get a replacement...

C. Charles Hahn
05-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I have yet to try a good sprayer that can withstand acid wheel cleaners over the long run...and I'm far too lazy to rinse them out after each use. :D

Meh... it's one of those things you get used to as part of the cleanup routine. Better than having to replace spray heads every few days!

richy
05-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Pressurized is the way to go. I use half gallon Spraymasters and have never had one issue. Viton seals are necessary for the triggers, but once you use a pump up, you will never go back.

:iagree: I concur with Chris completely on this. I've been using the same pressurized sprayer for a few years with no problem. I don't even bother to rinse it out.

Dr Oldz
05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi mark. My local detaileer supplier sells awesome bottles that will hold up. I can send you one for say a sample of something you aren't using. PM me if interested