PDA

View Full Version : Just Sealant?

Pages : [1] 2

WEST SIDE
10-02-2010, 10:40 PM
How many if any of you guys/gals use just a sealnt only without any other LSP.
Just curious.

Thanks

350z00m
10-02-2010, 10:45 PM
depends on how lazy i am :xyxthumbs: :buffing:

Dubbin1
10-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Depends on what car I am doing. Most will get a sealant only while only a few will get a carnauba wax.

WEST SIDE
10-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Depends on what car I am doing. Most will get a sealant only while only a few will get a carnauba wax.

If applying carnauba wax is this for added protection,looks or both?I only ask because it seems like a quality sealant is the best protection,so why the wax.I'm doing my work truck a 1-ton E350 van and i figured a sealant only for protection due to the size.My other rides have both sealant and wax which is why I asked this question

Dubbin1
10-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Mostly for looks.

Rsurfer
10-03-2010, 12:10 AM
If applying carnauba wax is this for added protection,looks or both?I only ask because it seems like a quality sealant is the best protection,so why the wax.I'm doing my work truck a 1-ton E350 van and i figured a sealant only for protection due to the size.My other rides have both sealant and wax which is why I asked this question
Most sealants give a reflective shine (hard candy). Applying a good quality nuba over a sealant will give a warmer apperance and acts as a sacrificial barrier to the sealant.

tuscarora dave
10-03-2010, 12:19 AM
In bug season I like to apply a coat of wax over a sealant sometimes just on my front grille, bumper and side mirrors as I find that the bugs wash off of a waxed surface easier than just with sealant.

Type[R]+
10-03-2010, 06:58 AM
My 4x4 gets just sealant, it's just so easy to keep clean. One hit of the hose and it's done. Lasts months too!

My Honda gets wax, but it attracts a heap of dust. Thinking about going back to just sealant. I love the look of wax, but I hate it attracting dust. I got an anti-static QD to try out first.

CEE DOG
10-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Most sealants give a reflective shine (hard candy). Applying a good quality nuba over a sealant will give a warmer apperance and acts as a sacrificial barrier to the sealant.

:dblthumb2: I agrre with the sacrificial point you make Ron. Also I think the wax protects better against some things while the sealant does others.

ScottB
10-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I find myself doing it more and more during summer months in South Florida. Sealant only that is ...

BillyJack
10-03-2010, 09:58 AM
On the family drivers, two coats of Meguiar's NXT or Griot's sealant is usually my LSP of choice. Sometimes I'll get ambitious and layer a natural wax product as the final step. For the El Camino in my avatar, it's always a wax over the NXT.

Bill

Old Tiger
10-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I find myself doing it more and more during summer months in South Florida. Sealant only that is ...
I do same most of the time!

Rob T
10-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Sealant only on two of my three cars....and even the third one is "topped" with Optimum Car Wax (which some may not consider a topper).

bill57
10-03-2010, 08:15 PM
In Cleveland where the winters are brutal I finish with Collinite 845, or 476S. For the sacrificial layer, I spray on some Duragloss AquaWax after every washing. I'm satisfied with the protection and the shine.

Silverstone
10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
How many if any of you guys/gals use just a sealnt only without any other LSP.
Just curious.

Thanks

I use KSG and WGDGPS and that's it. I put P21s wax on top once but it looked no better (maybe worse) and washed off right away anyhow.