PDA

View Full Version : I Might Like Brussels Sprouts!

Pages : [1] 2

jpegs13
10-02-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm fairly new to machine polishing and detailing ( but certainly not new to cars and cleaning , only Old Tiger and a select few are older here).
Today for the first time I applied Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and Wolfgang Deepgloss Paint Sealant with the Flex! OH WHAT I HAVE BEEN MISSING! I used to apply these by hand. The ease of application and the uniformity is amazing, not to mention the fact that it was soooo easy to remove. ( It was thin and oh so perfect).
I guess the old adage is correct "you're never too old to change". What else have I been missing? I thought I was rather worldly, but apparently I've been pig headed and sheltered. Could I like beets? Brussels Sprouts? Liver? Nah.... I'll just stick with machine applying.
:laughing: :buffing:

daveinsweethome
10-02-2010, 04:42 PM
remember at our more advanced experienced age we need to view all ladders as acts of satan there to maim us.

Rob T
10-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Ok, maybe its time that I try applying a sealant by machine again. It's been a while.

toxygene
10-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I completely agree. I have been applying sealants with my PC and blue LC pads ever since I got them. It definitely makes the application easier and much more uniform than I can achieve by hand. In fact, just applied Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and BFWD on my Acura earlier today, and it was a breeze.

One thing I haven't tried yet is applying a paste wax with the PC yet but plan to give it a go soon. Has anyone had success with products like Collinite 845, Fuzion, SSII, etc. using a machine?

Silverstone
10-02-2010, 08:04 PM
I tried machining on KAIO and later WGDGPS with a 6" red pad and PC set on 3, but it kept getting bogged down. To keep it spinning at all I had to turn it up to 5+ and then half the time it was spinning really fast, or just getting bogged down on contours/high points. I gave up each time and just put it on by hand since that was faster. What might I have been doing wrong?

350z00m
10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I tried machining on KAIO and later WGDGPS with a 6" red pad and PC set on 3, but it kept getting bogged down. To keep it spinning at all I had to turn it up to 5+ and then half the time it was spinning really fast, or just getting bogged down on contours/high points. I gave up each time and just put it on by hand since that was faster. What might I have been doing wrong?

soetime when the pad is saturatd with product it can bog down....besides that not sure lol

rakkvet
10-02-2010, 11:06 PM
+1 fpr using a machine to apply sealant. I use the Griot 6" machine with their red pad. Sealant applied easily and uniformly. I have had great success with Black Fire Wet Diamond.

jjkacz
10-03-2010, 12:10 AM

Try the 4in pads, they work great at low speeds.

jcarson112
10-03-2010, 03:06 AM
For a LSP you don't actually need to have the pad spinning, the vibration puts out just as much of an even coat as the spinning pad.

IME anyways, just tossin a couple pennies out there.

Bunky
10-03-2010, 05:49 AM
I have finally got efficient applying lsp's by hand that I just do not get the urge to drag out the DA.

I tried brussels sprouts a while back and still do not like them. But, fresh spinach tastes great after many years of not wanting to eat spinach.

BillE
10-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Machine good...Brussel Sprouts BAD!

Notice what the abbreviation is for 'sprouts.'

Bill

Rob T
10-03-2010, 12:53 PM
I have finally got efficient applying lsp's by hand that I just do not get the urge to drag out the DA.

I tried brussels sprouts a while back and still do not like them. But, fresh spinach tastes great after many years of not wanting to eat spinach.

:laughing:

Seriously though, this is how I feel as well. It just seems that I can apply an LSP just as fast, and probably faster, than with the DA, especially taking into consideration taking the DA out and then having to wash the pad. A sponge or MF hand applicator takes no time to wash at all.

I'm still going to give it another try though.

dougaross
10-03-2010, 01:11 PM
One thing I haven't tried yet is applying a paste wax with the PC yet but plan to give it a go soon. Has anyone had success with products like Collinite 845, Fuzion, SSII, etc. using a machine?

I have used it with Colli 845 and PC - works great. Goes on very thin and even. Removing it by hand is so easy. Since I apply & remove it on a panel by panel basis, changing pads would be more effort than its worth.

BTW. Collinite 845 is not a paste wax

Rob T
10-03-2010, 01:46 PM
BTW. Collinite 845 is not a paste wax

It seems weird that they put the word "paste wax" right on the bottle.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/collinite-insulator-wax-845-lg.jpg

Old Tiger
10-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm fairly new to machine polishing and detailing ( but certainly not new to cars and cleaning , only Old Tiger and a select few are older here).
Today for the first time I applied Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and Wolfgang Deepgloss Paint Sealant with the Flex! OH WHAT I HAVE BEEN MISSING! I used to apply these by hand. The ease of application and the uniformity is amazing, not to mention the fact that it was soooo easy to remove. ( It was thin and oh so perfect).
I guess the old adage is correct "you're never too old to change". What else have I been missing? I thought I was rather worldly, but apparently I've been pig headed and sheltered. Could I like beets? Brussels Sprouts? Liver? Nah.... I'll just stick with machine applying.
:laughing: :buffing:
Well John, you know what they say about Old Dogs! I cant do this with UPGP.