PDA

View Full Version : White diamond/AIO

theo59
10-02-2010, 01:37 PM
This is my first post here so I hope it isn't redundant. I ran a search but could not find exactly the answer I need.

If I were to use PB's White Diamond and then use KAIO, would the KAIO negate the White Diamond?? :confused:

Vjeszczi
10-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I use KAIO then White Diamond/Black Hole, then Sealant

fancyfootwork
10-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I use KAIO then White Diamond/Black Hole, then Sealant

Why would you top a glaze with a sealant? And why are you using two different types of sealants?

You should just need KAIO (considering Klasse is like melting a diamond on your car) and then topping it with a quality carnauba.

RTexasF
10-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes it would. The White Diamond would be after KAIO then sealed as Vjesxzczi said. It offers only looks no protection whatsoever so a true sealant atop it, for a daily driver, is a must.

RTexasF
10-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Why would you top a glaze with a sealant? And why are you using two different types of sealants?

You should just need KAIO (considering Klasse is like melting a diamond on your car) and then topping it with a quality carnauba.

KAIO is primarily a chemical paint cleaner. The glaze is for looks and light filling properties, it has no protective qualities. Because of that it should be sealed or it will wash off at the next rain/car wash. Your way of doing things is not the only way.

theo59
10-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the reply guys!! I was afraid that the KAIO, being a chemical cleaner, would remove the White Diamond. I'll use the KAIO then White Diamond and then top with the Klasse sealer.

Again, My thanks!!

fancyfootwork
10-02-2010, 04:02 PM
KAIO is primarily a chemical paint cleaner. The glaze is for looks and light filling properties, it has no protective qualities. Because of that it should be sealed or it will wash off at the next rain/car wash. Your way of doing things is not the only way.

I never said what I mentioned as an alternative was the only way to do things. Just seems odd to use two different types of sealants.

RTexasF
10-02-2010, 05:31 PM
The point that you are missing is that KAIO is a CHEMICAL PAINT CLEANER with very little sealant properties. Why do you think they offer a true sealant (the Klasse Twins, ie, sealant glaze) to use after AIO? I believe you are incorrect in thinking that the AIO product is a pure sealant, it is not.