PDA

View Full Version : When to clean the bird's little present

SATracker
10-01-2010, 06:46 PM
So I come out of the gym, the car has been sitting in the sun and is hot, a bird has left me a present. Do you clean the stuff off of the hot car or wait until to car has cooled off?

Silverstone
10-01-2010, 06:59 PM
So I come out of the gym, the car has been sitting in the sun and is hot, a bird has left me a present. Do you clean the stuff off of the hot car or wait until to car has cooled off?

There's a very good how-to on here with pics or video that shows the best safest method.

Setec Astronomy
10-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Absolutely clean it off as soon as possible. Keep a spray bottle of QD, ONR, or something like Poorboy's Spray 'N Wipe (since he doesn't make BSR anymore) in the car along with a couple of MF's. Another option is the GG's presaturated Speed Shine wipes, which don't seem to be sold here (are you listening, Meghan?).

Silverstone
10-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh yes I misread your post. I keep a QD and towels in the trunk to get the slop ASAP.

SATracker
10-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Cool stuff. I have a detailing emergency kit in the trunk, I just wasn't sure if you cleaned the stuff off a hot car...and you folks answered my question. Thanks.