PDA

View Full Version : Better AIO than Klasse?

newb001
10-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Between myself and a few friends, I have my choice of the following AIO products. I already use KAIO, so in your opinions, of the following, which (if any) would you recommend instead of the KAIO (applied by hand to a black car):

ZAIO
AutoGlym SRP
FK215
DG101
Poli-Seal

Please note it will be topped with Colli 845.

Also, I have no problem with the KAIO, just wondering if any of the above might be better.

Again, please only keep responses to the above options.

Thanks!

oldmodman
10-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Out of all the listed products I have only used the Zaino.

Goes on and comes off really easy. And it smells great!.

I think that the next product that I want to try is the PoliSeal. All the reviews of it sure make it sound like the 8th wonder of the world.

jjkacz
10-01-2010, 04:41 PM
What about XMT 360? It seems to finish well on black.

Lasthope05
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
With hand application and a black car I my choice would be AG SRP for it's light cleaning and good filling capabilities. Depending upon the color of the car or the condition of its paint I will most often times change it up.

The AIO that I own are:

D151
M20
XMT 360
Poli-seal
FK215
AG SRP
DJ NFS
DG 501

For moderate correction I use D151 and DJ NFS.
For light correction; xmt 360, poli-seal and FK215.
For good condition paint: DG 501, AG SRP, and M20

trhland
10-01-2010, 07:31 PM
poli seal is my current fav..

PBoy
10-01-2010, 08:27 PM
KAIO is a great all around product will good chemical cleaning abilities.

OPS is very easy to use.

wytstang
10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
I would stay with what you are using since this is hand application. If you wanted something better then KAIO by hand I would say Jeff Werkstats Prime:STRONG has better chemical cleaning power then KAIO ime.

Rob T
10-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I would stay with what you are using since this is hand application. If you wanted something better then KAIO by hand I would say Jeff Werkstats Prime:STRONG has better chemical cleaning power then KAIO ime.

I agree with this. I haven't used JW Prime but the advice is correct: since this is hand application you need as much chemical cleaning power as you can get.

Kurt_s
10-02-2010, 12:22 AM
poli seal is my current fav..

Tom,

I just used Poli Seal for the first time after using a compound to remove swirls and scratches. It worked out great, as it gave me a finish polish, sealant and wax in one.

I want something with some correction capabilties that cuts swirls without needing a compound. Will PoliSeal work for a Ford Escape in OK shape or is there something better?

PBoy
10-02-2010, 06:25 AM
What about XMT 360? It seems to finish well on black.

Can you use XMT 360 by hand?

trhland
10-02-2010, 06:35 AM
Tom,

I just used Poli Seal for the first time after using a compound to remove swirls and scratches. It worked out great, as it gave me a finish polish, sealant and wax in one.

I want something with some correction capabilties that cuts swirls without needing a compound. Will PoliSeal work for a Ford Escape in OK shape or is there something better?
for aios ive only used xmt360 and poli seal.try a different pad like orange for more cut.

jjkacz
10-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Can you use XMT 360 by hand?

I wouldn't see why not. I have most recently used it to correct the wheels on my wife's Pathfinder. It did a great job removing 80% of the scratches. It also made the clear coat look really glossy.

Kurt_s
10-02-2010, 10:34 AM
for aios ive only used xmt360 and poli seal.try a different pad like orange for more cut.

Thanks! I was thinking about using an orange pad for cut. PoliSeal does seem to disappear pretty quickly, so I'm having to guess whether it is leaving a finish or I need to reapply to the pad. It does leave a very nice finish after compounding with Megs UC.

Megs D151 has been recommended to have reasonable cut but I've heard the sealant is a little weak. I want to remove moderate swirls and defects in a one-step, with reasonable protection and finishes well for basic daily drivers and work vehicles.

Kurt_s
10-02-2010, 10:46 AM
With hand application and a black car I my choice would be AG SRP for it's light cleaning and good filling capabilities. Depending upon the color of the car or the condition of its paint I will most often times change it up.

The AIO that I own are:

D151
M20
XMT 360
Poli-seal
FK215
AG SRP
DJ NFS
DG 501

For moderate correction I use D151 and DJ NFS.
For light correction; xmt 360, poli-seal and FK215.
For good condition paint: DG 501, AG SRP, and M20

Alan,
Your list is very helpful. Would you please share your choices for the different AIOs within the correction segments?

What is DJ NFS? I just can't figure out the acronym.

Thanks!