PDA

View Full Version : Quick update (no pics sorry)

wytstang
11-25-2006, 08:38 PM
I took the Mustang out to stretch her legs on the open road on a trip to GA for Thanksgiving. On the way from North Charleston to GA it rained on us pretty much the whole day, but it made me realize I still had WG DGS under the durability watch. Lo and behold the hood was still beading after 3 months and 1 week http://forums.stangnet.com/images/smilies/eek1.gif. The beads aren’t as tight as what they used to be but they were not quarter sized or even nickel sized either. A few beads were penny/dime size while others were still a bit small in size. Slickness isn't really there either it's all gone for the most part. Wolfgang has a winner in my book it has definitely earned its place next to #16 in my bins. Now I'm not sure if this is a fluke but it was beading and water was moving across the hood while driving like my fenders were with #16 on them. I'll try and get some pics tommorow or Monday so further review the beading during a stand still and not at 100 ummm 65 mph :o (no I wasn't going 100 on wet roads it was 99 get it right :D).

ScottB
11-25-2006, 09:45 PM
try using the spray sealant version every 4-8 weeks.

supercharged
11-26-2006, 12:16 AM
Wolfgang is one of the best sealants. I usually top it off with carnauba. Never tried it by itself, knowing that sealants are not very durable against bird droppings. Are you goint to reseal your car with Wolfgang DGPS, and then top it off with #16, Wytstang?

ltoman
11-26-2006, 01:55 AM
What exactly makes this #16 so great compared to the others? Isn't that the one youguys said had been discontinued?
Lauren :-)

sparkie
11-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Wolfgang is one of the best sealants. I usually top it off with carnauba. Never tried it by itself, knowing that sealants are not very durable against bird droppings. Are you goint to reseal your car with Wolfgang DGPS, and then top it off with #16, Wytstang?

Supercharged, I disagree with you about sealants not holding up to bird poop. The reason is a few weeks ago my John Deere got some dropping on it. Well, just to see how sealants hold up, I let it set for a week. It come right off with QD.
Detail late August, Klasse Twins. October got two coats of Liquid Glass. Maybe there are some that don't hold up, but mine did.

ryandamartini
11-26-2006, 09:42 AM
What exactly makes this #16 so great compared to the others? Isn't that the one youguys said had been discontinued?
Lauren :-)

Megs 16 since being discontinued has since become like an urban legend of waxes. It had great durability and was probably the best wax to use on white cars. Everyone goes nuts over it when you can just order it from england for a few extra in shipping.

-ryan

ScottB
11-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Megs 16 since being discontinued has since become like an urban legend of waxes. It had great durability and was probably the best wax to use on white cars. Everyone goes nuts over it when you can just order it from england for a few extra in shipping.

-ryan

VOC regulations, first enacted in California, said that alot of the car care products used far to many volitale or harsh solvents for the environment. As such alot of products went by-by ... #16 was valued for its durability more so than its looks. Paste Glaz was valued more for its look than durability.

The value is trying to get your hands on the end of a dying breed. In all likelyhood better options exist, but its the "limited edition" or "never to be seen again" that create the buzz.

supercharged
11-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Supercharged, I disagree with you about sealants not holding up to bird poop. The reason is a few weeks ago my John Deere got some dropping on it. Well, just to see how sealants hold up, I let it set for a week. It come right off with QD.
Detail late August, Klasse Twins. October got two coats of Liquid Glass. Maybe there are some that don't hold up, but mine did.
I had bad experience with Meguiar's NXT agains bird poop. If it sits just one day - had to polish it out.
Klasse twins - yes are abviously more durable. After all, SG is one of the most durable sealants. Just my $0.02.

Reddwarf
11-26-2006, 10:03 AM

You let bird poopsit for a week on a John Deere? That's just wrong! :D

Wytstang, glad to hear the WDGS is doing so well. I put 4 layers on the Jag for the Concours in September. I added a layer of Natty Blue's in October. I wish I had not topped it off with the wax.

supercharged
11-26-2006, 10:04 AM
VOC regulations, first enacted in California, said that alot of the car care products used far to many volitale or harsh solvents for the environment. As such alot of products went by-by ... #16 was valued for its durability more so than its looks. Paste Glaz was valued more for its look than durability.

The value is trying to get your hands on the end of a dying breed. In all likelyhood better options exist, but its the "limited edition" or "never to be seen again" that create the buzz.
Isn't Collinite #476 Superdouble coat paste wax just as durable as #16?

wytstang
11-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Nope I'm going to try EX-Px2 topped with #16x2, Wolfgang is now my summer worker and fall gets Paste Glaz (since it's nice during this time reapllication is easy) Spring EX get that slot.

wytstang
11-26-2006, 10:11 AM

This best summed it up except I actually really like #16 for it's look and it's durability on Crystal white paint. It also looks great on Diamond Black (Lexus) with pink moose under it.

wytstang
11-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Isn't Collinite #476 Superdouble coat paste wax just as durable as #16?
Yes BUT before the craze came about #16 was cheaper @12.50 a tin which made it a very good buy. I personally am fond of the old school tin and crayon smell. Reminds me of when my old man had me waxing his F150 with rain dance (nostalgia(sp?) )

wytstang
11-26-2006, 10:17 AM
You let bird poopsit for a week on a John Deere? That's just wrong! :D

Wytstang, glad to hear the WDGS is doing so well. I put 4 layers on the Jag for the Concours in September. I added a layer of Natty Blue's in October. I wish I had not topped it off with the wax.
I was thinking 3 to 4 coats for summer myself with no topper (heard many people say the same after they topped it......regret). I just hope this 3 month run isn't a fluke....

sparkie
11-26-2006, 11:40 AM
I had bad experience with Meguiar's NXT agains bird poop. If it sits just one day - had to polish it out.
Klasse twins - yes are abviously more durable. After all, SG is one of the most durable sealants. Just my $0.02.

Sealant's and bird poop, you're not the only one I heard that from. Because I really didn't know. When I seen it on the hood of my poor old John Deere, I almost clean it off. Remember seeing sealants and bird poop on a post, I didn't touch it. I wanted to see if the sealants would hold up. I think NXT is a great product, but as far as protection Klasse Twins and Liquid Glass are number 1 in my book.