PDA

View Full Version : Spray interior windows for cleaning?

Pages : [1] 2

lee1dew
09-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Do most people spray glass cleaner into an MF towel or directly on to the glass when cleaning the inside of windows? I was always worried that the overspray could damage the interior, but I haven't seen any evidence supporting that concern. The products I would be using are SIG and Megs D120.

Dubbin1
09-30-2010, 04:04 PM
I have always sprayed it onto the window first. No real reason why, its just how I have always done it.

Mike Phillips
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Both ways will work, spraying onto a microfiber instead of the glass give you precise control over product placement without any overspray on surrounding surfaces.

Definitely tread surrounding surfaces first and glass last so as to remove any dressing overspray onto glass...

One tip for streak-free glass, have plenty of clean, dry wiping towels on hand.

The idea being if you have removed product on your wiping towel and you try to use for your final wiping towel it's all to easy to simply transfer the removed residue back onto the glass.

:)

kimandbrad21
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
I use stoner's invis. glass in the arasol can, I just spray the window then clean.

A4 1.8tqm
09-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I prefer to apply glass cleaner to the MF first, using a tool like the Glass Master Pro (http://www.autogeek.net/glmaproco.html), but mine has the hook side of "hook and loop", so regular MF's attach to it quite well. Very convenient! :xyxthumbs:

ScottB
09-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Do most people spray glass cleaner into an MF towel or directly on to the glass when cleaning the inside of windows? I was always worried that the overspray could damage the interior, but I haven't seen any evidence supporting that concern. The products I would be using are SIG and Megs D120.

done it both ways, no issues to date.

Scott DeBrun
09-30-2010, 07:44 PM
DP makes an excellent window cleaner and any overspray will not hurt your interior because it is a water based cleaner.

BillyJack
09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
There's no rule that dictates you spray every square inch of glass surface. I'll spray directly on the glass, but not around the perimeter. After wetting the cloth in the cleaner, I'll chase around the perimeter first, then move toward the center.

Bill

ESSO
09-30-2010, 09:20 PM
How about MG Glass cleaner is ok ?

S2K
09-30-2010, 09:42 PM
There's no rule that dictates you spray every square inch of glass surface. I'll spray directly on the glass, but not around the perimeter. After wetting the cloth in the cleaner, I'll chase around the perimeter first, then move toward the center.

Bill
:whs: And I look for over spray first and wipe it off with clean dry MF immediately, before wiping glass.

lee1dew
10-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll probably stick with spraying it on to a cloth instead of directly on the glass. It's probably better for my health not to have all of those little droplets flying around the interior.

oldmodman
10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I use stoner's invis. glass in the arasol can, I just spray the window then clean.

That is exactly what I do. I try to keep everything off the interior plastic unless it is a product intended to either clean or preserve plastic specifically.

fairlady350z
10-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I spray right on the window, just make sure you spray it from far enough away that you get a nice mist so it doesn't run down the glass.

pfix
10-02-2010, 06:55 AM
I spray on the glass, but I take my waffle weave drying towel that I just used to dry the car and I lay it across the dash to catch the over spray. Then the towels goes into the wash. Not sure if that little bit of glass cleaner would damage the dash but it makes me feel better.

Showroom Shine
10-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I spray Invisible Glass Cleaner on the windows. At times you do get drips on surrounding surfaces. I don't use micro-fibers for glass,lint factor to me. I prefere glass cloths.