PDA

View Full Version : Differences and benefits to hydrotech pads

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jcarson112
09-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Aside from the obvious flat surface compared to the CCS pads....

Do you really get a longer work time?
How well do they actually finish down (cyan especially)?

Personal experiences from those who have used both sets?

Interested in trying them and wanted to hear what others have to say about their experiences with them.

Thanks

Rob T
09-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I love them overall. They actually work as advertised: they provide a longer working time with the compound/polish, *and* they provide a tad more cut but finish just as well or better than their comparable regular (non hydro tech) pad.

As with so many things, though, there seems to be a bit of a compromise since they don't seem to last quite as long. Some have had issues with the backing coming apart (I have not had that issue). Also, once you wash them, it takes forever to get all the water out (that's how they work: they absorb lots of liquid).

While the cyan definitely finishes down better than a regular (light) cutting pad, you will still need to follow up with the Tangerine pad to finish.

Mike Phillips
09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
While the cyan definitely finishes down better than a regular (light) cutting pad, you will still need to follow up with the Tangerine pad to finish.

Or the Crimson pad, which is a finishing pad...

I've had great luck with the HT pads and love the new thinner pads...

Have posted this before and here it is again and mark my words... it will be the trend into the future...

"Thin is in"

In the context of pads for DA Polishers.

:)

LegacyGT
09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
I'll let you know soon, the UPS store just called to let me know my order arrived and included are 6 new hydro-tech pads.

Dubbin1
09-30-2010, 04:28 PM
"Thin is in"

Should this read "Thin is in"? If not I don't get it.

jcarson112
09-30-2010, 04:44 PM
^ Didn't your mother tell you it was rude to point out someone stuttering haha...

Also, would the Menz twins work well with these pads, just tried the XMT polishes and was not satisfied with them. Thinking about going the german route ;)

Rob T
09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Or the Crimson pad, which is a finishing pad...

Mike, you think the Crimson pad has enough cut to remove the hazing left behind by the Cyan pad?

Mike Phillips
09-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Mike, you think the Crimson pad has enough cut to remove the hazing left behind by the Cyan pad?

With the right polish, you bet.

C. Charles Hahn
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
I'll let you know soon, the UPS store just called to let me know my order arrived and included are 6 new hydro-tech pads.

Same here! I'm just waiting on the brown truck to pull up with my set of the new thin (7/8") HT pads too. I'll be trying them out this weekend :props:

Mike Phillips
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Should this read "Thin is in"? If not I don't get it.

I fixed it, thanks for the Private Message...

I was on the phone helping a guy and typing at the same time, the norm for me but ended up typing fast and simply didn't catch it. Ran Spell Check but that don't help if the repeated word is spelled correctly...

Lucky for me Dwayne is here to shoot me a Private Message...

The Spelling Police

:props: :props: :props:

jcarson112
09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
What exactly is the advantage to the thinner pads? If its the same foam won't they work exactly the same?

Rob T
09-30-2010, 05:01 PM
With the right polish, you bet.

Mike, you *tease*! Of course that begs the question: what polish would you recommend on the Crimson pad to follow up from the Cyan?

What exactly is the advantage to the thinner pads? If its the same foam won't they work exactly the same?

Nope. But I will let Mike take that one! :xyxthumbs:

jcarson112
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Mike, you *tease*! Of course that begs the question: what polish would you recommend on the Crimson pad to follow up from the Cyan?

I'm interested as well ;)

TornadoRed
09-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Is there anything that CAN"T be used on Hydro Tech pads? It says these are for water based products, but product labels aren't exactly telling us if they are water based or not.

SATracker
09-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I've always used the Lake Country CCS pads but was having trouble with the gray pad. (I read through the AutoGeek forum and some guy had a write up on the crimson pad.) I just didn't like finished look of the gray pad so I tried to crimson hydropad- great results. I've found myself, more often than not, grabbing the crimson and passing up the gray pad.